Discuss Florescent Lights in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

SKY

Hi All

Just purchased 4 36W single florescent lights from local merchants.

Why do they only have a 3 way connector block inside them, I need to loop them together so need a 4 way, there is no room in my fittings to put in a 4 way and utilise the earth tag on the fitting.

Are you allowed to have a floating connection inside the lamp fitting with the use if a single extra choc?

Thanks

SKY

bung a 2 wire wago in for your loop.it's enclosed in the fitting, so no problem.

The ones I get normally have a 4th block. Whenever there isn't I use a wago to loop. Seen plenty with a single choc wrapped in brown tape. Neater job with a wago IMHO.

I know thorn packs have 4 term but nothing wrong in creating another terminal, If you don't want it floating just replace the 3 block with a 4 block. I know what i would do though as there are other things to worry about other than a conection in an enclosed fitting.

you could install a junction box then screw it down inside the fitting, that way the connections could be made further from the lamps terminals and secured. if wanted an even cleaner look you could go to the effort of installing a junction box above the ceiling, that would make any future lighting installations a lot easier, 1 cable hanging out of the ceiling instead of 4 or 5

probably had to replace the fitting again.

Reply to Florescent Lights in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock