Discuss Fluke 1651b in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all,
My fluke tester has just started giving funny readings on continuity I.e 72 ohms for open circuit. I've checked it on my check box and they are all out apart from zero....
Just wondered if anyone else has had this problem??
Looks like ill be sending it off tomorrow lol
Thank in advance
Rich

I had trouble nulling my r2 lead for a while but it seems to have sorted itself, was ok at calibration last week. Most of our test kit is Fluke though and as dan86 says - they are pretty good customer care wise.

Check your batteries are at full charge, check your test leads are not damaged, check there is not dirt in the test lead sockets (leads and MFT). Then see if it is working OK, if not then back it goes.

Thank you all! I have looked over the tester and everything works apart from on continuity.... So must be an internal fault. Back to fluke I go! Thanks for your help
Rich

Reply to Fluke 1651b in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I saw a Fluke 1653B on Gumtree local to me being sold as faulty. Fault was stated as no continuity between 'N' and 'PE' ports on the resistance...
Replies
Views
Am absolutely gutted, my Fluke 1587 insulation tester appears it's had an unknown fatal incident. I was doing some testing a few days ago and was...
Replies
Views
Hi All New to this forum, have read the posts on here from google but only recently signed up. I'm having some issues and some input would be...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, just looking for a bit of advise. I am booked up to go on 2391-52 soon, and was looking at using my own tester, Megger1552. It is all...
Replies
Views
Chaps - having problems with a new Megger MIT420/2 insulation/continuity tester 'oscillating' and failing to give stable resistance readings in...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock