Discuss fluke 1652 user!! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

H

highspark

Anyone else get a ''err4'' message when doing a Zs on certain installations. I bought meter 3 weeks ago done a few PIR's and signed a couple of rewires off. Zs's have all been fine except today. Doing Zs on lights and getting "err4" code. Landlord following me around says its a fault with my meter. I said no there's a fault on the lights. I'm the spark an my meter an this customer r pi**in me right off!! To top it off this guy thinks he's an electrician (he's not) does all the work himself although he's not part p. Told he he should replace consumer unit becauae of wooden back. Went against my knowledge and told me to ring niceic to ask if it was a requirement or recommendation and if it was a requiremet he'll do the work himself. I told him he can't he said yes I can then I just ask an electrician to come and test it. I said nobody can sign off 3rd party work unless its been supervised by the inspector throughout. All of this was b ad enough but wen meter did this and I couldn't explain it I was even more ****ed off! Does this "err4" message mean there's a fault... It must do because every other installation the Zs has been fine. Just to add I could get a Zs and psc between l-n (got a reading) but not a pfc between l-n-e this is where I got the "err4" message. Someone explain so I can ring this pratt and put him straight!!!!

Error 4 = No Earth!

confirm this with R1R2

Old install without CPC at lights? (Quite likely given wooden wylex board)

Also you really shouldnt really be signing off other peoples rewires......

Last edited:
Who said I've been signing others rewires off? This was a pir. I only test my own work mate as I've stated in the above post, you can't sign 3rd party work. There was an earth because I got a r1+r2 on the circuit.

Mate, only giving advice.

When I get error 4 on my fluke its because there is no earth.

Perhaps you should turn the switch on?

And if your not signing other peoples rewires off how come you have managed to fit and I quote,

"A couple of rewires and a few PIRs" all in 3 weeks of having the meter????

Really no need to have taken that tone!

Seriously mate. You need to get off your high horse. Btw you are correct with the no earth just checked that so thanks. Serious mate me and my labourer do rewires in 5 days 3 beds sometimes less. A pir takes me no more than 6 hours. I've head the meter 3 weeks. I've done 2 rewires and 3 pir's in that time. All of which have been my work please don't insult me. Thanks Especially after I've just been cursing a landlord for doing his own work and asking for a third party signature!!!

Really didnt mean to upset you in any way shape or form!

It also looks as though the advice I gave you was correct?

I think perhaps you just missunderstood what I was saying???

hey cbw hows it going bud?

@ highspark, cbw's right mate it means no earth.

PFC at the supply, if your getting ERR 4 then your probably find that the earths not connected at the supply and will have to ring up & get em to sort it. I've had a few of them in one area.

If thats the case you might want to put a stake in the ground if they don't come out that day.

All good over here in sunny Suffolk!
Wife due to pop another girl....house full of women (Maybe thats why I am tetchy highspark!!??)
Hows things in MK

yeah good mate, apart from being stuck in a loft for two weeks & me backs givin me jip!

hope the new sprog goes as planned lol.

Reply to fluke 1652 user!! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock