Discuss fluke 1653B or metrel MI3102 ? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

electricalchief

i'm going ato buy a new installation tester and i want a little help.
I am among fluke 1653 and metrel 3102. both of them are good testers i wish could buy them but this is not applicable.
So, i like fluke's appearence, quality and functionality but metrel comes in a lower price and also it is much better equipped (earth spike test kit and software in start pack).
what whould you do if you were in my place? Does fluke worth the exceed price of metrel?
ps: i will probably byu it from Uk.

I can only comment on the Fluke as I have that particular model.

I find it excellent, have had it just short of a year now and haven't had any issues whatsoever. Regular checks always turn up the same results so accuracy seems to be solid.

As Mark said, shop around for best deals & goodies etc.

I know CEF had this model on offer the other day with a voltstick & IR thermometer thrown in aswell.

i have fluke myself,but found biggest problem with any is the quality or lack of it with regards to the crocodile clips,make sure you can get replacement leads for either at the right price as some are ridiculous price,also may be worth asking in your local wholesalers if they sell them and what local sparkies say,next time your at the trade counter.
Have you tried test4less.co.uk for a price?

Reply to fluke 1653B or metrel MI3102 ? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I saw a Fluke 1653B on Gumtree local to me being sold as faulty. Fault was stated as no continuity between 'N' and 'PE' ports on the resistance...
Replies
Views
Going to buy this Fluke MFT 1652b from someone on eBay, can anyone tell me if this is a good tester can't find it can only find the C version or...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have closed my business down and now have some kit for sale. All of this kit is in good condition in good working order, to be honest. I...
Replies
Views
T
Hi everyone, I am looking at possibly buying a multifunctional tester so I was looking at the subject MFT on ebay, but I am a bit confused...
Replies
Views
alancoulson
A
J
Quick one for you all.. Anyone know of any good deals at the mo on Fluke 1652c or 1653b?? I don't really want to buy second hand. I can get the...
Replies
Views
paul_h
P

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock