Discuss fluke 1654b in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

Cookiebadboy08

I have recently bought a fluke 1654b but when I do r1r2 it the continuity varies badly is this normal for flukes

Any help would be appreciated im use to metrel testers

Its usually the leads I had problems and they kept sending me new ones. But the same problem kept occurring I now use the meggar unfused leads which work well and are reasonably priced.

What do you mean varies badly, does it not settle on a set result, instead fluctuating up and down constantly while the leads are connected?

Is it calibrated?
Have you shorted the leads?
Have you compared the results alongside another tester/ against a known figure?

What do you mean varies badly, does it not settle on a set result, instead fluctuating up and down constantly while the leads are connected?

Is it calibrated?
Have you shorted the leads?
Have you compared the results alongside another tester/ against a known figure?

also is it your first tester?

Could be your not applying equal pressure when testing

I have the same tester , you need good batteries , and the leads are not good , I find if you zero the leads that the readings are wrong sometimes due to faulty leads , I now use a different make leads and no problems , its the same with the 1652 as well ,,

I have just bought from test for less and calabirated as well not tested with a different tester no but I put crocodile clips on and still varies a bit but it will go from 0.07 to 1.27 ohms in a flash it will not settle at all its really bugging me

Cheers guys

I have just bought from test for less and calabirated as well not tested with a different tester no but I put crocodile clips on and still varies a bit but it will go from 0.07 to 1.27 ohms in a flash it will not settle at all its really bugging me

Cheers guys

Thats the same problem I have had ,, its always the leads though , even with the Croc clips removed ,,,

How can thus be they are brand new I am fumming for 700 pound well annoyed and not impressed at all it was so bad I tested some dp isolaters and r1 r2 was higher than the zs

Jesus back to the supplier then would it be easier to change tester

Just as I have gone off on my own and fancied a change tbh no reason why but that should not really matter what or why I choose this specific tester it should give me an accurate reading surely

I have a 1654B and no issues, it has once given a weird reading but replugged the leads and all was fine. Does anyone know what the actual issue is with the leads?

I have a 1654B and no issues, it has once given a weird reading but replugged the leads and all was fine. Does anyone know what the actual issue is with the leads?

Not sure , I haven't bothered using them since , they look all right , I use another make now and all is o/k , I did try another new set of fluke leads but they did the same after a while,, I have always had Robin and now Fluke since the 1980s , never had this problem before , have had the 1652 for 4 years now , and the 1654b for 2 years ..

And no as I bought it online I have used flukes and meggers before but 1652 fluke and I went on word of mouth as well from most sparks said fluke all the way

Baffles me why people spend this much money without trying first hand before parting with hard earned cash. I bet you test drive a vehicle before deciding to but it or not.

What does that matter that is not the issue baffles me why people talk about things that have nothing to do with what I asked for in the first place

Jesus !!!!

Cheers guys who gave good advice

Baffles me why people spend this much money without trying first hand before parting with hard earned cash. I bet you test drive a vehicle before deciding to but it or not.

Most people do it it with a wife so its gotta be good sense to give a car a ride before buying it ........ although in fairness once bought you usually get rid of a car after a few years without any hassle!

I always seem to get dubious results with crocs. When zeroing out the leads it is very important that bottom of croc goes to bottom of croc. If you experiment you will find unstable readings if you don't. I always find probes are best...but that's my personal choice. My line probe has a test button on it so it is relatively easy to hold 3 probes when testing.

Edit: Forgot to mention I have a Kewtech but I'm sure nulling crocs applies to all makes

Reply to fluke 1654b in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net