Discuss Fluke Error 1 in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have been having a bit of a problem with my fluke 1652 recently

it would come up with an "error1" and just not work, removed batteries & fuse and then refitted, that worked some times but not others, also got some odd high readings when nulling the test leads.

Asked around about repairs and got various answers of up to £300, which i did not fancy and have it away for a week at least.

I seem to remember reading something somewhere about cleaning the test lead terminals on the fluke, so i got a couple of cotton buds and some Isopropyl alcohol and gave then a good clean out, i must admit i was surprised how much dirt came out.

I have now been using it for 2 weeks since cleaning it and not had a single problem. Only time will tell if its "fixed"

just thought i would let others know that an error 1 may not be terminal and cost a lot of money to fix.

Of any help....
"To clear up some confusion, with Error 1 on Fluke 165x series meters, error 1 is an internal fault which refers to 2 fault conditions.
Hardware – If the unit attempts to power up and the relays can be heard.
Firmware – If the unit attempts to power up and NO relays can be heard."

Reply to Fluke Error 1 in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi All New to this forum, have read the posts on here from google but only recently signed up. I'm having some issues and some input would be...
Replies
Views
Hello, Looking for some advice following a botched 3 phase upgrade today. Some background: Commercial unit originally fitted out (4 years ago)...
Replies
Views
Please advise what I should test / check next. My usual qualified electrician who did all of the work here is in Ireland for 4 weeks and not...
Replies
Views
I was working alongside the plumber yesterday. I had to drill some 32mm holes through joists. I always use my Makita 481 high torque drill will a...
Replies
Views
Good evening all Ive got an old truck 1990 that has always had intermittent starting issues whilst ive owned it.. As far as i am aware the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock