Discuss Fluke error 4? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

moospark

Always used Megger mft, but the company I'm working for at the mo' use Fluke, hence the title. I was testing for Ze, well Zdb really and got Error 4. I can test again in the morning on another meter, just curious.
thanks in advance

Yeh had the same problem years ago with one, sounds like a poor connection. Hated the meter with a passion, ended up just randomly packing in one day and got told it would cost around £600 to fix, my boss only paid £550 for it in the first place!!

[FONT=&amp]The Error 4, Fault Voltage, message is often triggered by a 'phantom fault voltage' caused by poor contact between one or more test probe(s)/crocodile clip(s) and the test point, usually either E and/or N, remake test connections and re-test. [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp] If the Error 4 message persists then you actually have a fault voltage present on the circuit that needs to investigated and eliminated before re-testing. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The Error 4, Fault Voltage, message is often triggered by a 'phantom fault voltage' caused by poor contact between one or more test probe(s)/crocodile clip(s) and the test point, usually either E and/or N, remake test connections and re-test. [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp] If the Error 4 message persists then you actually have a fault voltage present on the circuit that needs to investigated and eliminated before re-testing. [/FONT]
The re-wire is 20 onebed flats, in a block. All other tests were hunky dory, I will follow up what you say, as it is a sub main from the (30 year old?) 3 phase, using the old tails(16mm), new 10 mm earth (at least 10m run to my db) but as I said, the test leads were like yesterdays spaghetti, cheers Markie, thanks for taking the time to respond.

our fluke does this on nearly all tt systems, anything over about 10 ohms seems to do it. cant blame it on earth faults either because we were still getting it with main switch off and earth rod disconnected from installation.

Reply to Fluke error 4? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock