Discuss Fluke T5 or T150? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Evening all..

I will be buying one of the above but am struggling to choose between them both.

I am 70% for the T150 and 30% for the T5.

Lots of people seem to rate the T5.

What I particularly like about the T150 is that the buttons are on the probe so you only need 2 hands for all actions. Also it has IR testing. Whereas the bonus with the T5 is the clamp function for current, but I'm fed up with working out how to hold the tester whilst also holding the 2 probes. The T5 does not have the function/tester buttons on the probe so it looks like you will have to hold/position the tester as well as positioning the probes.. is this the case?

Cheers all.

Evening all..

I will be buying one of the above but am struggling to choose between them both.

I am 70% for the T150 and 30% for the T5.

Lots of people seem to rate the T5.

What I particularly like about the T150 is that the buttons are on the probe so you only need 2 hands for all actions. Also it has IR testing. Whereas the bonus with the T5 is the clamp function for current, but I'm fed up with working out how to hold the tester whilst also holding the 2 probes. The T5 does not have the function/tester buttons on the probe so it looks like you will have to hold/position the tester as well as positioning the probes.. is this the case?

Cheers all.
my one issue with both is the leads.

how much to replace them? its always the leads tha break first.

thats why i went with a multimeter, you can get a strap/holder for them the same as your mft

I use a T5-1000 at work (industrial maintenance), got everything I need for front line fault finding & monitoring.

There is a clip/slot in the back to hold one of the probes for use and 2 more to store them in.

If you get one, buy the matching holster too.

I use a T5-1000 at work (industrial maintenance), got everything I need for front line fault finding & monitoring.

There is a clip/slot in the back to hold one of the probes for use and 2 more to store them in.

If you get one, buy the matching holster too.

Cheers for that Robo.. Thats actually very useful to know as it counters the problem of needing a third hand which was the main reason I wasn't going to do for the T5. Unfortunately you've now narrowed the odds to 50/50 and I have to decide which is more useful between the clamp function of the T5 or the IR test on the T150!!! :49:

I have a T150 and a T5. Both are brilliant bits of kit.

If i had to choose one or the other i would go for the T150 as it has some very useful features and a good light on it.

Cheers for that Robo.. Thats actually very useful to know as it counters the problem of needing a third hand which was the main reason I wasn't going to do for the T5. Unfortunately you've now narrowed the odds to 50/50 and I have to decide which is more useful between the clamp function of the T5 or the IR test on the T150!!! :49:

Please explain! :)

and phase rotation on the T150. also the earth pin shutter opener is a good idea.

look at bottom of imagw
Fluke T5 or T150? {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

not IR testing though. just resistance.

I have the T5 and would of recommended it until recently when I discovered you can't zero the leads!
yeah, but you don't use a T5 for accurate resistance measurement, do you?

when you're meaasuring around 20Ω, what difference does the lead resistance make, 0.5Ω?

Reply to Fluke T5 or T150? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock