Discuss Fluke test equipment made in China? in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

oracle

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
If Fluke are outsourcing the manufacture of their test equipment to China, how long before they become cheap knock offs? No disrespect to Chinese industries, I'm sure that many are making good, reliable products but there is a history of Chinese third party knock offs

If Fluke are outsourcing the manufacture of their test equipment to China, how long before they become cheap knock offs? No disrespect to Chinese industries, I'm sure that many are making good, reliable products but there is a history of Chinese third party knock offs
I think the knock offs are already out there.
Seen some Volt sticks that are dead ringers for Flukes.

It’s like Japan was after the world war. They collected all the drink cans the Americans left behind and made cheap (and nasty) things out of the tin.

Then they bought the obsolete Austin factory line and made their first car, except for the bodywork and sold it as the Datsun Bluebird. Now known as the Nissan factory they are world leaders in manufacturing.

So maybe China will get there one day.

It’s like Japan was after the world war. They collected all the drink cans the Americans left behind and made cheap (and nasty) things out of the tin.

Then they bought the obsolete Austin factory line and made their first car, except for the bodywork and sold it as the Datsun Bluebird. Now known as the Nissan factory they are world leaders in manufacturing.

So maybe China will get there one day.
They're already there

Everything is made in China, and anything that is made in Europe or the US you can be sure that they use Chinese components

What I asked was how long before the history of Third party cheap knockoffs was repeated with fluke equipment. The first party is fluke, second party their authorised Chinese manufacturer, third party are the cheap knockoff makers.

What I asked was how long before the history of Third party cheap knockoffs was repeated with fluke equipment. The first party is fluke, second party their authorised Chinese manufacturer, third party are the cheap knockoff makers.

How can we know how long it was? It all happened years ago, the knockoffs have been around for ages.

That's a genuine fluke destined for the Chinese market.

I nearly bought a fluke Chinese earth leakage detector, but I bought a European spec one.

Fluke don't allow knockoffs. They aggressively pursue anyone infringing on their style. They even tried to ban a shipment of multimeters being imported to the US because they were yellow.

They also sued FLIR over the thermal imaging camera.

When you think about it, the electrical test equipment is too small a market for counterfeit goods. Companies may copy and imitate certain styles and designs but they won't go and all out plagiarise the brand name.

Reply to Fluke test equipment made in China? in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock