Discuss fluke test meter boxes in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

amckay

I've noticed that these have some kind of a black seal around the lip, and was wondering if anyone owns one and does it stop moisture getting in when you leave test gear in the van overnight. I've started bringing my metrel in at night as its only the standard fabric bag that it came with.

you'd be an idiot to leave your test gear in the van overnight.

1. it will get nicked.
2, it's probably not insured.
3. next day you come to use it, it's freezing it's ---- off and you'll need to let it warm up for a couple of hours before use.

you'd be an idiot to leave your test gear in the van overnight.

1. it will get nicked.
2, it's probably not insured.
3. next day you come to use it, it's freezing it's ---- off and you'll need to let it warm up for a couple of hours before use.

You beat me to it!!

Scouse git!! :mad:

Got to agree with Tel

Wouldn't leave any test gear in a vehicle overnight any time but especially in winter take it into a warm property the following morning and it's possible the condensation will kill it if you press the test button

Got to agree with Tel

Wouldn't leave any test gear in a vehicle overnight any time but especially in winter take it into a warm property the following morning and it's possible the condensation will kill it if you press the test button

...... and when it is in the vehicle on its way to & from jobs, carry it in the cab where it's warm(ish) ..... BUT DON'T LEAVE IT THERE!!

Nice one fellas, I did only leave it in there a couple of times this week and noticed condensation on the display screen.
I'll take my pat testers out too!

So if you go to a outside job and are using them for example, they are going to go below 18c (minimum advised operating temperature by Fluke).......

Seems a bit petty to me, I am pretty sure everyone has had their meter below 18c at one point, they work perfectly fine..............

The fluke plastic yellow cases come with a foam lined bottom, which the meter slots into, that will provide some insulation to cold so I don't see a problem leaving them in the van (in a temperature perspective). And if you have a van vault then no reason to take them inside at all.

So if you go to a outside job and are using them for example, they are going to go below 18c (minimum advised operating temperature by Fluke).......

Seems a bit petty to me, I am pretty sure everyone has had their meter below 18c at one point, they work perfectly fine..............

The fluke plastic yellow cases come with a foam lined bottom, which the meter slots into, that will provide some insulation to cold so I don't see a problem leaving them in the van (in a temperature perspective). And if you have a van vault then no reason to take them inside at all.

You're only a Trainee bonny lad with lots of learning still to do.

Come back in (say) ten years time and see if you still think the same. ;)

I've used my fluke test meters in -20 deg C to +50 deg C , no issues at all. Always used the padded cases you get with the meters upon purchasing and stored in a tool box at night.

Fluke manual states "
Accuracy is specified for 1 yr after calibration, at operating temperatures of 18 °C to 28 °C, with relative humidity at 0 % to 90 %."
So if the above is correct all meters once purchased in the UK by Fluke are out with operating temps and calibration is void.

Reply to fluke test meter boxes in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net