Discuss Fluorscent striplight with a dimmer in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

piz

Hello
I have been asked to install some high frequency striplights in place of normal pendants
but they need to be dimmable can any be just straight 240v or do they all need a seperate pair of wires from the ballast to simmer 0-10v dimmer
Cheers

Not sure if you can dim HF fluoro's due to the electronics in the ballasts, unless they're specifically designed for it.

specificaly designed youll need to see wholesaler and ask the question of them make them work for your buisness instead of you working for them

yeah mate you can get dimmable ballast but sometimes the fittings dont come with them so you will have to change it. Dont think they are cheap mind

As long as you have a permanent live at the fitting and a conventional 1 way switching circuit then you do not need another pair of wires. You just need to specify that the ballast be of the switch dim variety and not DALI which uses the 0-10V system. You will probably have to change the conventional 1 way switch for a retractive switch so you press and hold the switch in to raise and lower the light levels.

Nick

Reply to Fluorscent striplight with a dimmer in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I've been asked to quote for track lighting replacement in a London art gallery that's suffered extensive water damage from the floor above...
Replies
Views
DIY query Have narrowed down the source of an occasional trip to one light circuit which is a varilight v-pro master dimmer slave set up. This...
Replies
Views
Thank you in advance for your help. I recently purchased a home and while removing some built-ins I found that they had a 14/2 wire running...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone and thanks in advance! So, I installed this LED fixture in my bathroom to replace an old fluorescent fixture that had a bad...
Replies
Views
First off, I'm clearly not an electrician and I'm sure the answer is simple, but I didn't want to go messing with the wires without being sure. I...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock