Discuss Foam gaskets for double sockets on uneven walls in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SpannerSpark

Does anyone know where I can get foam gaskets for double sockets to take up the slack when mounting a double socket on an uneven surface?
A client has bought some v.nice flat brushed chrome sockets, but he bought them online & they didn't come with gaskets. They are to be mounted on a reclaimed slate tile surface, which is uneven +/- a mm or 2 here and there (he did the tiling). I know some foam gaskets like this do come with some "posh" sockets like this, but i have drawn a blank finding just the gaskets for sale on their own. need for switch plates too.
Any help much obliged.

they look fantastic on flat walls but a wee distortion of the wall and they look like a dogs dinner even normal kitchen tiles make them looke like mince

I know it’s a ball ache but couldn’t you make your own from adhesive backed fire resistant foam. The stuff I’ve used was a near slate grey. Pity the job I used it for was switchgear painted Battleship grey, it stuck out like a sore thumb.

Reply to Foam gaskets for double sockets on uneven walls in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I need to fit compressible rubber or neoprene gaskets between 12 Hager 2 gang stainless steel flat sockets. The gaskets are needed because the...
Replies
Views
2nd one in the space of a week 1595383038 Went to see a job where the lady said her new led lamps were flickering, When i got there she told me a...
Replies
Views
Anyone got any other solutions for getting from a surface mount socket to surface mount conduit (plastic) I often have to add a radial spur from...
Replies
Views
H
I discovered this whilst removing tiles in my daughters kitchen. It disintegrated when i touched it with the sds drill No enclosure just a backing...
Replies
Views
"Hello All", One of my Cousins has bought a Flat and asked Me to look at the Heating System [prior to buying] while I was there I noticed a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock