Discuss Footwear to work in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

Dipsy

what type of foot wear does people wear to work ?

i had a chat with a good family friend son who a Sparky about this question

i said i like "Dewalt" Rigger boots
and he said it likes Trainers

so i tho ill ask on here as there alot of Members in here

DeWalt, I think they are Chieften.
Used to bw Catterpiller, but Mackro changed to DeWalt a few years back.
About £35-£40.

I buy these from here:
HI-TEC Altitude IV WP - Mens | Walking Boots | CozyMole - Childrens Outdoor Clothing

I do mostly domestic and so don't feel the need for safetys all the time. Trainers on the other hand don't offer anything like enough foot support for going up and down stairs or steps all day long. Walking boots with Makita work socks (from Screwfix) are an excellent compromise. I can wear them all day no problem.
I have a pair of Grafters safety trainers for when I do need the safety.

6 inch Stilletto's around the house, thigh length boots with spurs on in bed. Puma trainers when driving, and cat boots at work.

Cats or Dewalt "Apprentice" depends on whats best priced at the time along with a pair of gelInsoles for my comfort

I'm a big fan of Uvex boots plenty of support and gel insole, like a pair of comfortable old slipper. The current designs are a bit girlie looking though.

Me at work
Footwear to work Me at work - EletriciansForums.net

Me at the weekend
Footwear to work Me at the weekend - EletriciansForums.net

Not been on for some time

Just a update got a pair of dickies texan riggers love theys boots

just been informed by office we are getting 2pairs of Dewalt maxi boots :D personaly i wear dewaalt apprentice boots maxis look a bit more heavy duty but hey ho its not me buying them

My old ones split right across the sole after years of faithful service and the only place close to where I was working stocked Goodyear boots. All the right numbers on them but I thought these will be crap but £20 allows me to earn for the rest of the week and I'll have time to buy a decent pair over the weekend.
When I put them on I got a massively pleasant surprise, as comfortable as a pair of slippers but really hard wearing, I'm still using them 2 years on so it was £20 bloody well spent.

Timberland do a steel toe cap boot, really comfortable and for £70 you can't go wrong

I wear the boots we wore when I was a dog handler lace ups with a zip up the side get laces tight and after that just open zip. great ankle support,a lot of places have banned riggers due to ankle injuries but colleges let the lads wear them bit strange really would have thought they,d have banned them too.

Timberlands here, i bought them from screwfix a few weeks back and cost £90

They have taken a while to break in, but nice and comfy now

Reply to Footwear to work in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock