Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss For a new self employed Person in the For Sale and Wanted Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. MDJ

MDJ The Muppet Police Forum Mentor

If your within 20-25 miles of Gloucester and starting up, let me know, I have a bender, cable jacks, hundreds of bits of kit all types etc in my shed which was in my store before I shut my company down. I would suggest if you are and interested you PM me and we could meet and maybe I could sell you everything for a ridiculously good price as I no longer do work for myself. I would be happy to not only sell you all my bits and bobs for a very good price I would be happy to have a tea and chat as well.

• Like Like x 10
    • Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. rapparee

rapparee Electrician's Arms

Cable Jack?

Unnecessary decadence, a brush does the job rightly, it's actually the only time I use it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tes369

Tes369 Regular EF Member

You'd last two minutes on a big job with a brush being used as a cable jack before health and safety took a photo and everyone's laughing at you in the cabin.

I had a right b#llocking off a health and safety guy once because I didn't have my glove on... I was starting a roll of insulation tape to tie some cables up I politely told him to f#ck off.

My foreman came up to speak with me everyone was watching to confirm that the little jumped up university graduate didn't like being told to F off and my response he agreed with and the petulant boy stormed off to update his Facebook status no doubt :handfist:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Spoon

Spoon Forum Mentor

I'm interested in the bender.... :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. WillWX

WillWX Regular EF Member

Business Name:
    Bott the Builder
    I wish I was closer!

6. Simonslimline

Simonslimline Electrician's Arms

They have to justify their existence some how!

Give it a few years and you will have to rolled in bubblewrap at the induction i expect.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. rapparee

rapparee Electrician's Arms

I've seen off 5 H&S officers in the last two years

The previous one lasted a fortnight. The power lies with us. If the H&S officers want to go to war, production and the factory stops.

The General Manager needs us more than he needs a H&S Official

• Like Like x 1
  8. SWD

SWD Gender neutral Electrician's Arms

The mind boggles.........

9. Spoon

Spoon Forum Mentor

I bet you turned my post into something dirty.... I can't help that mate... :tearsofjoy:

10. SWD

Not really I just didn't think a wimp from Lancashire would have the strength to bend a length of conduit, you are the one with the perverted mind that makes assumptions and jumps to conclusions ;o))))))

11. Spoon

Spoon Forum Mentor

Wimps... You have it all wrong. Everyone knows that the further you go down the uk the wimpier people get. Scottish are tough buggers and southerners are just little cry babies...

12. SWD

Scots wear skirts as they are "whoopsies" and "big girls blouses" just like the Frogs.......

You have to be tough to be a Londoner, theres no stroking ferrets here or sleeping with your sisters to procreate....... its all about the Walkabout and fat Aussie birds, its hard mark my words, next time you are down I'll show you the sites ;o))))

This sketch needs a Lancashire accent........

13. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Respected Member

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    tough my arse. here's a southern version of the gay gordons.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. MDJ

MDJ The Muppet Police Forum Mentor

The North is years behind the South, We watch TV in colour down here whilst you play bingo for live chickens.

15. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Respected Member

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    typical southerner, living off the backs of us northerners. your TV that you watch was invented by a sweaty sock, the light bulb by a geordie. without them you's still be sitting in your mud hut, watching birds for entertainment and then strapping wings on your bodies and trying to fly. :p

• Funny Funny x 2