Discuss For trainees looking for 'hands on experience' in the South West in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Rockingit

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Right, I've lost count of the number of posts we get on here of trainees (of one form or another) looking for practical experience.......

I've got several properties down here in Somerset that were seriously affected by the floods and are now in need of work/rewires. These are homes belonging to genuine victims and are largely uninsured, so any money involved in their repairs is largely coming from charitable sources. I've been involved with the charitable side of the floods since it first all kicked off (I lost count of the number of sand bags I filled and shifted as a volunteer!) and am now donating technical services to the repair effort. Some of you who are members on other forums will have seen some of my pics and videos on this.

So, there's genuinely no money involved, but your Karma will be much the richer for it, plus you get some serious experience and (assuming you're actually OK!) a reference from both me and Somerset County Council as a volunteer. I'm not sure yet of exactly when things will get scheduled for but it will be over the next couple of months, and possibly with stuff getting done over weekends, too.

The location is sort of Bridgwater / Taunton area so easily do-able from Bristol or Exeter areas.

Any of you experienced hands in the area feeling charitable, please also do let me know!

Cheers all, Rock.

I was going to ask something similar. I live in the West Midlands and was wondering if there are any agencies that would consider me, baring in my mind I've so far just done the theory side of my course ?:smile5:

Reply to For trainees looking for 'hands on experience' in the South West in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock