Discuss Forget screws, this is the new way to secure back boxes to walls in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

It’s got “Kev the kitchen fitter” written all over it!
(Not me by the way!);)
Certainly has, this was in the kitchen of the property and it's a total shambles.

Bigger issues include one leg of the rest of the apartment ring and the dishwasher circuit being arse about face (so ring is across 2 MCB's, as is Dishwasher circuit). A couple of under cab lighting JB's just buried in the plaster. A couple of spurs relocated, in choc blocks and tape and then plastered over.:(:(:(

its almost as bad as when the apprentice gets let loose with the intumescent sealant on the new builds. they have to maintain the fire rating between flats and boy do they use some, you go along afterwards to change a socket and the wires are literally hidden in a lump of sealant where the stuff has sunk or moved with gravity after they have been and gone. they put it in and over every little void within the hole and around back box. I hate the stuff

Mr Percyprod should observe this thread - it's another example of someone who thinks electrics are a doddle and the resultant mess, although it can be much worse than this.

Are the walls "tanked"
I can see where you are coming from, penetrating the tanking with a screw, it would have been a way around it.

But no they aren't, it's not that old a building either (early 2000's), breeze block & cavity walls. Also all the pictures are on internal walls also.

Reply to Forget screws, this is the new way to secure back boxes to walls in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock