Discuss Forum -connectivity- oooooooooooooooo in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

static zap

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
Witnessed 2 fail behaviours (1st==-- Dislikes use of Preview Button ..Checking Quotes ... Most of time )
2nd== Has frozen unresponsive on me the odd time
=====
1st
=====
Have seen "Cloud" upset with me trying to use Preview button , Has an ERROR on Firefoxes EF...Electrical TAB .

=====
2nd
=====
Today attempting to navigate back a page ,got stuck in a never-ending loop.

TAB " EF Just a moment"
Web page with Bouncing o o o ... just stayed bouncing ...
( a Performance tool showed )
3x Recalculating Style
1x Paint ..in a loop
- I Waited approx 40 sec and left

My Firefox is a bit of an Odd ball (64 bit 52.5.0)

I've gone back to Opera . I was having loads of problems with Firefox on this site.
Loading was taking forever on any site.

Cheers for suggestion @ ruston.
( Just looked on this setup -sadly No Opera .. suprisingly-without more fiddling about )
I changed ,firefox version - and turned off half of broken -Addons .
If it works on Mapin website , cannot be too bad !
(Have Chrome for Youtube bits - but it loves Sharing/Logging in )

I went to Firefox because this site and a few others including Hotmail were crashing on Opera.
I could not get Opera to reload or uninstall . After a month or so on Firefox I tried again and it worked , and it has been ok so far.

Normal posting levels will now be resumed ....
(let the brakes off for January ) + Killed some time .
Competing with Spammers + Testing browser hickups -
(Never failed -- as it knew I was watching )
--I normally don't post 2/3 of thoughts == Quality Control --
!...Like Max Headroom .. Just talking to my self ..... !
-- ( More silly moments will be suppressed )--
--Wishing a Happier NEW year to everyone--

I'll look into some possible phpbb code to see if the spam bots can be locked or detected easier.
I know we had a rough time with them before on other sites.

On my own forum (not an electricians forum) which is an older phpbb2 one, I have a forum hack that stops the vast majority of spammers from registering on the site. I won't broadcast the details on this thread but pm me if you want to know more. I'm not sure if there is a version for this forum software though.

Reply to Forum -connectivity- oooooooooooooooo in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock