Discuss Forum Echolalia disorder in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

well, for all you southerners getting wet in the rain, up here it's been cloudy but fine till about 12.00noon, but since then hot sun cracking the slabs. i'm just going to fry some bacon and eggs on the patio flags. :D:D:D

What worries me most on this forum is things can get a bit hairy sometimes people go too far being critical. I personally don't care too much about criticism or rudeness there is always the ignore button which I have used on one member works fine. And anyway I have rhinoceros skin. But I do wince when someone new comes on and gets flamegrilled answers. Rather goes against the intro at the top "friendly advice" Still its all part of the wonderful tapestry of life.
Can be difficult Vorti I agree, may be you are one of those people who are very tolerant to other peoples lack of the skill needed to introduce or ask a relevant question, I for one don't profess to be a higher educated person, snob if you like. What does tick me off is new and impressionable people joining the Forum, and lacking the basic skills of correspondence, we as Electricians belong to a professional set of people, and surely must project that professionalism into our daily lives, some of the questions asked, not all of them, are nothing short of being downright rude, you said yourself this doesn't bother you, when you get a question or query as an example "got this problem blah blah blah what do you think thnx" sounds to me as though the person asking the question must have been asleep when they were teaching general manners.
I often wonder how their customers feel when presented with people like that, I agree life is like a tapestry, but I do wonder, you know I often wonder when I was an Apprentice, why we had English lessons as part of the day release structure, I'm beginning to think it was a good idea, and I have no GSEs GCEs or what ever they are called.:mad:

well, for all you southerners getting wet in the rain, up here it's been cloudy but fine till about 12.00noon, but since then hot sun cracking the slabs. i'm just going to fry some bacon and eggs on the patio flags. :D:D:D

I'm having to dodge this flipping wets stuff to fire up me bbq, its like the crack of doom here at the moment.

Its interesting to know that not all the rain falls in Wales,very occasionally it spills over the border and you lot get the leftovers :)

The above is not applicable to London and the South East,having a completely different climate to everybody else,they may not know what I am describing
Just for them,when you are outside, rain is like standing clothed under your shower all day long
It occurs non stop April till October,after that winter comes along and it gets worse ;)

There has been rumour that some sort of light and warmth emitting body can be seen in the sky during the day
Rumours have been numerous over the years but the reality is its never actually been observed and I for one don't believe in rumour

Its a wet rainy day, no work, so I'm bored. Been trolling, sorry trawling this forum, ;)looking at various threads.

There is a somewhat of an annoying trait I've started to notice by members, and its not just bad spelling or grammar sparksburnout :oops:. The trait or mannerism is saying almost exactly the same, almost word for word sometimes, as what someone else has just posted, without acknowledging the previous persons comment.

This trait could be called Echolalia (look it up), or just simply bad manners by some, that don't take the time to read others previous posts. Or its simply they like the sound of their own voice, or text as in this case. Been some today. I'm starting to find it mildly irritating, there said it now. If you've got nothing to say, say nothing at all; Ronan Keating could make a cover of that :)
God you must be bored Midwest.? Why don't you please your wife and spring clean the house.?

Where is Gliese 581C @Des 56 ? Is it somewhere near Wrexham?
You may laugh but knowing now that you are 'from the land of our fathers' although my father was born in Rochester! I looked Gliese up on Google maps - it flicked me the bird!
What is Gliese, is it on Telly?

Where is Gliese 581C @Des 56 ? Is it somewhere near Wrexham?
You may laugh but knowing now that you are 'from the land of our fathers' although my father was born in Rochester! I looked Gliese up on Google maps - it flicked me the bird!
What is Gliese, is it on Telly?

Ha ha confused I am Rpa,has Rochester been moved ? :)

You won't find Gliese on Google maps,the M4 or A50 has not quite reached us yet

Ha ha confused I am Rpa,has Rochester been moved ? :)

You won't find Gliese on Google maps,the M4 or A50 has not quite reached us yet
Where in Wales are you? (don't give the street name - there's some right weirdos on here)!

Thanks

May be it's from someone online who doesn't actually know the answer to the question asked, and doesn't want the poster to think that no nobody is interested, and is informing the poster that there will probably be someone who is at work and maybe knows the answer, or can help, so wait until later, after all none of us know everything, do we?
Yes, maybe it is.

I couldn't agree more MW,
Here's my own take on it.

There is a somewhat of an annoying trait I've started to notice by members, and its not just bad spelling or grammar sparksburnout :oops:. The trait or mannerism is saying almost exactly the same, almost word for word sometimes, as what someone else has just posted, without acknowledging the previous persons comment.

Thanks

May be it's from someone online who doesn't actually know the answer to the question asked, and doesn't want the poster to think that no nobody is interested, and is informing the poster that there will probably be someone who is at work and maybe knows the answer, or can help, so wait until later, after all none of us know everything, do we?

A good example would be my post to the chap who was asking about PTS and OLEC. I don't have personal experience, just offered a couple of thoughts. I posted mainly because the chap posted last night or something and had no replies so I figured I'd post, let him know people are reading and bump the thread for when someone gets on who may have the required knowledge.

Generally though I think it's as @Rpa07 said, you're writing a response and doing some digging around and by the time you get back and finish others have posted.

On the flipside though, given the regs and other parts of this trade are filled with grey areas, it's nice when you get several people posting the same thing because it allows you to reach a decision based on the collective experiences of the forum members who respond. And for those of us new to the trade, that offers a valuable learning opportunity.

Reply to Forum Echolalia disorder in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net