Discuss Found this in my email today, hope you can see it in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Surprised that many companies or contractors are in favour to be honest with you.
I personally feel they should at most have done a 4th amendment to the 17th and spend a decent period of time to really resolve some things.
It would give them a chance to tidy up the 17th and then release the 18th edition as at the moment it seems completely rushed and poorly considered.
A lot of these ideas sound good in an office meeting but in real life such as installation or usage don't work too well.
The whole exporting PME is the one i use as the powers that be keep changing there minds on whether it is safe or not. Niceic say one thing, IET another and the car charger manufacturers themselves give conflicting guidance. And we are often told to follow manufacturers instructions! lets face it a car charging point is just a glorified extension lead!

You can only change a British Standard so many times before you alter its content to such an extent a complete new revision is required.

The proposal in the 18th draft, for car charges and use with PME in a dwelling has had the exception deleted. Read one manufacturers instructions recently, out of interest. They stated not to use their chargers with PME.

I had the same email Pete received as well, and seen those 'bite size' vids before, they don't tell you much. Didn't get 'involved' in the 17th draft, so I just wonder how much of these proposals, fall by the wayside?

Not really a good poll, despite your best efforts Murdoch. When only 46 out of 21,000 (members) can be arsed to vote, is probably not reflective in peoples views. Dare say they are some members who are oblivious to the proposed changes, some even oblivious the draft 18th's presence. And I bet there are hundreds/thousands of sparks across the country, who are even oblivious that the 18th is coming. Some don't even known the number of the current edition. :rolleyes:

There wasn't enough options on the poll. I disagreed on some parts but overall agreed with others.

I was sure, sure some of it was good, some of it was completed Cr.........

Not really a good poll, despite your best efforts Murdoch. When only 46 out of 21,000 (members) can be arsed to vote, is probably not reflective in peoples views. Dare say they are some members who are oblivious to the proposed changes, some even oblivious the draft 18th's presence. And I bet there are hundreds/thousands of sparks across the country, who are even oblivious that the 18th is coming. Some don't even known the number of the current edition. :rolleyes:
Don't forget Pete999 vote was disallowed as he is retired.

Reply to Found this in my email today, hope you can see it in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock