Discuss Fracking in Lancashire...... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

I think our country is too small for it in my view, if we were as big as Australia then fracking 1000 miles away from anyone IMO would be fine, I feel earthquakes will be the norm over here if we continue,

It's a relatively simple environmental test....if your hob,cooker or boiler uses gas....wind your neck in ;)

All for everybody to have the space and right,to peaceful complaint and protest,but during some recent long-term protest,at Irlam Moss,i had to regularly run the gauntlet of the colourful and vibrant camped masses...

Bit of fervent lefty banter,through the window...all polite...but i had noticed that nearly every van/shack,had some form of bottled gas,for cooking and a bit of heating. No probs...got to eat...chilly when sat about all day...

I asked a previously perky and pierced spokeschap,how he squared that irony...and got a continuous and vocal assault,of the foulest manner...his tongue stud nearly flew out :rolleyes:

If he couldn't form a reasoned argument,he should shut the frack up :rolleyes:

Pumping water into the ground under high pressure to fracture the rock to release gas....I’m sure someone will be along with a better offering but that’s essentially it....
For ‘water’ change to ‘nasty chemical cocktail of acids and hydrocarbons’ which apparently will have no effect on the water table .....until it’s too late that is.

Fracking has been around since the 1940's, its not a totally new method of extracting hydrocarbons. Gas is also the cleanest (C02) of the hydrocarbons. I dont think fracking is as dangerous as its being reported and is being hyped up. Much of the content in the videos posted above "Gaslands", and now theres a "Gaslands II" have been debunked. If theres gas there then the Lanacshires should keep it for themselves, I think every house should have a wind turbine or solar for personal consumption for lighting and such thats my thoughts on it.

For ‘water’ change to ‘nasty chemical cocktail of acids and hydrocarbons’ which apparently will have no effect on the water table .....until it’s too late that is.

Listen,it's much more technically advanced than that...they have top-kill,blind shears,annulus plugs...contact BP and ask em' if it's gear worth havin'?
:rolleyes:

PS Just had to edit this,as i remembered what was the branch of industry,whose failure contributed greatly to that disaster...i'll give you a clue,it wasn't plumbers,welders,drillers,geologists or pipe-fitters...:eek:

I’d have to bow to your superior knowledge on this one Alan, I was only attempting a rough outline for gaz :)
TBH Baddegg I know very little about the subject. Just googled it a few days ago to try and find out more. Must admit that if it was happening on my doorstep I’d probably be objecting.

TBH Baddegg I know very little about the subject. Just googled it a few days ago to try and find out more. Must admit that if it was happening on my doorstep I’d probably be objecting.
Still more than me mate,
If it happened in my area we’d all fall in the sea ha ha ha,personally I think they should be investing the money in renewables but what do I know.....

Still more than me mate,
If it happened in my area we’d all fall in the sea ha ha ha,personally I think they should be investing the money in renewables but what do I know.....

I would agree,if that "investment" was practically thought out,and benefited the job...not just a promise of "earning cash" for them giving and getting a signature...

Cue a whole possibly beneficial application,now mired in cons,legal wrangles,multiple insolvency's,vandalised properties,crippling ongoing debt structures and,more worryingly,a generation of property owners,who will only see it as an expensive problem.

Yep,it's PV ... PPI .2 :rolleyes:

The thing about Fracking that has been discovered through its application elsewhere but seldom written about is that it's a damned expensive process on a lot of fronts. You need a lot of seriously heavy industry as well as the know how to go with it. Then you have to take all this to your fracking site and set it up. Then your fracking site gets drained of its resources fairly quickly and you need to set down and move to the next site. Since these sites are normally very rural, the roads aren't up to much. So by the time you take into consideration the difficulty of extracting gas, the damage to the roads and the local environment and all other costs they reckoned they effectively broke even at some of the sites in America... but it reduced their reliance on imported gas so I guess that makes it worthwhile, right?

The thing about Fracking that has been discovered through its application elsewhere but seldom written about is that it's a damned expensive process on a lot of fronts. You need a lot of seriously heavy industry as well as the know how to go with it. Then you have to take all this to your fracking site and set it up. Then your fracking site gets drained of its resources fairly quickly and you need to set down and move to the next site. Since these sites are normally very rural, the roads aren't up to much. So by the time you take into consideration the difficulty of extracting gas, the damage to the roads and the local environment and all other costs they reckoned they effectively broke even at some of the sites in America... but it reduced their reliance on imported gas so I guess that makes it worthwhile, right?

No they will just tax us more.

Reply to Fracking in Lancashire...... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net