Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss FREE Calibration 20 thnigies bugger in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    Friday 16th Marcch. YESSS Warrington are having a free cal. day.

• Like Like x 2
  2. telectrix

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    think it'sfree for 1 meter. for a 2nd meter there's a charge, but only a small one. my mft is not due till July, so I'm taking my megger cont./IR tester and my 1980's AVO 8.

3. Martyn Fletcher

Martyn Fletcher Regular EF Member

Excuse my ignorance but how are they going to do that when calibration should be carried out in an environment with a controlled ambient temperature and humidity?
    Site calibration is dodgy at best and feeds off the desperate and impatient.
    Unless Yesss are going to set up a restricted, controlled area then I'd steer clear of believing that calibration to be completely accurate.
    This is my business, my reputation and my customers lives.
    I'll send my equipment off to a reputable calibration company for the 3 - 5 days it takes (usually 3) and pay the £70. It's cheaper than the potential alternative disaster.

4. camerabloke

camerabloke Electrician's Arms

Who’s cares. It’s free. And you get a ticket. What else do you need ;-)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. 123

123 Electrician's Arms

I'd much rather use wholesaler calibration days than trust any courier company with my test equipment and be without test equipment for up to 5 days

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. telectrix

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    sorry, but that's a load of bollox. get your mft calibrated in your controlled temperature ( 20 deg. C? and 40% humidirty) and then take it to a job after it's been in your garage/workshop @ 5 deg.C to the job where it's 10 deg.C. with humidity @ 80%. how's that affect the readings?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Martyn Fletcher

Martyn Fletcher Regular EF Member

Hahahah! I really didn't expect any other less arrogant responses. Despite the guidance offered to us everyone know's better so it seems.
    Whatever happened to "You get what you pay for" ?
    Good luck with your calibration and please don't turn this into a hate thread. ;)

8. telectrix

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    no arrogance or hate there. i just mean that what's the point of having a meter calibrated in laboratory conditions when it's rarely used in similar conditions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Spoon

Spoon Trusted Advisor

Yes guys.... no wolf whistling as anyone...

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. telectrix

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    reminds me of when i was first employed after apprenticeship. one of the office girls ( about 24 and very fit ) was a bit pi$$ed off with the shop floor workers wolf whistling her every day. one day , as she was getting the whistles, she lifted up her top, wiggled her tits, and said " want some, lads? you can't afford me on your wages".
    she never got whistled at again.

11. sjhall

sjhall Regular EF Member

I got mine done last year at yes in southport, they just have a local company pick them up take them to their place and bring them back tested... all for free with a little side of hard selling from yes.
    oh and they have a free bbq on the go :)

12. telectrix

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    just been. free pie and would have been a free coffee but the machine is broke. got my 1980 AVO 8 calibrated. it's spot on on all ranges. beat that you digital wimp testers.:p