Discuss Free download nvq 3 portfolio + c&g 2356 stuff in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is an old thread, anybody still got a link to download the portfolio or could email me it please ??

Cheers

Pete

Last edited by a moderator:
hi lads just noticed the post I do have a digital form of the proper candidate pack for the nvq3 please pm me with your email address if you want it thanks...I must point out this pack is blank and for your own use to build your portfolio
[email protected]

read first and work out how you are going to install it simples .
Cheers Buzz, I'll check that out.

Not necessarily. See below.

You need to check whether it is looped supply. If so, stop, and apply to connect.
You need to know existing max demand. If the house routinely pulls more than 60 amps (and it has an 80 or 100 amp service fuse) then stop, and apply to connect..
Otherwise you can crack on and install a charger that will throttle the charger if the grid limit exceeds 60 amps, and then tell the DNO you've done it.

Choosing a charge point that has built in double pole RCD protection including 6ma DC leakage protection makes this simple as at the CU it can just be an MCB in an existing consumer unit and armoured cable (so impact protection rules are met).

You'll need a CT clamp around the meter tails, so will need data cable to the charger too, or use one of the products such as EV ultra that has data within it.

Assuming it's TNCS earthing, you basically have a choice between isolating the earth at the charger and sticking an earth rod in, or connecting the CPC as usual and using a charger with PEN fault protection.

A PEN fault is when the combined Neutral and Earth supply conductor get's broken. This can create a very dangerous condition where all metalwork becomes live, and a person completes the circuit to earth. It's generally not so serious inside a house (vast simplification) but as cars live outside, it would obviously be pretty lethal to have a car body at a potential of 230v. Hence the PEN fault protection issue.

I've not done many of them myself but believe the above summarises most of the pertinent points.
Cheers Tim, thanks for the info, very clear thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
You won't get them on here pal!

You mixing this forum that supports and is supported by training industry and electricians not cheating and risking screwing up thousands of other people's properly for personal financial gain.

...with another less top notch forum?

😆😆😆

Reactions: DPG
Are people really expecting someone to hand over their hard work??

Am I missing something?

Reactions: Dan
It appears somebody was. We'll keep the thread up to bring trainees to the forum, then they can get in the training access only forum and get the help they need.

I've closed this thread for now.

Last edited:
Reactions: DPG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Free download nvq 3 portfolio + c&g 2356 stuff in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock