Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Free gift for opening trade account in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. littlespark

littlespark Electrician's Arms

Just opened a trade account with Howdens and was offered a Milwaukee 18v multi tool like this FOC[​IMG]

Milwaukee M18BMT-0 M18 Multi-Tool

I'll confirm the specs when I pick it up, but are these tools any good?
    I am assuming it comes with a battery and charger

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. MFS Electrical

MFS Electrical Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    MFS Electrical
    Nice I’ll be dropping into Howdens to open an account then;)

3. RWJ

RWJ 8,400+ day wonder Electrician's Arms

We were contacted by Howdens awhile ago telling us they now stock Nest (I think, but could have been something different!!) and could undercut the electrical wholesalers.

4. Andy78

Andy78 Trusted Advisor

I use it daily, it's a cracking tool. Get some quick release blades to make the most of the semi-quick release system.
    Howdens do alright with the Milwaukee gifts. They gave me a 12v drill driver with batteries and charger when I opened an account 4 years back. Still use it today.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. gazdkw82

gazdkw82 Trainee Trainee Access

So is everyone elegiable if you open a trade account?

Do you need anything specific to open the account?

6. Andy78

Andy78 Trusted Advisor

They usually ask you to make a purchase to activate your account. They suggest a tube of sealant off the counter.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. littlespark

littlespark Electrician's Arms

I just bumped into the rep on a job. Filled out the form there and then. The freebie was going to be just a box of screwdriver bits, but he then says he had one of these multi tool left. Don't know if the offer is still open.
    #6 - His suggestion to activate my account was a box of screws, not sealant.
    #3 - Rep said they stocked Nest and Hive when I asked, as I am a Nest installer.

Is Milwaukee a good make? I have a dewalt drill/driver and my big SDS hammer drill is a Draper. How good are the batteries for lifespan?

• Like Like x 2
  8. Andy78

Andy78 Trusted Advisor

I've had my original 3Ah 18V batteries for 6 years now and they still charge and perform fine.
    I use combi drills, drivers, circular saw, SDS, torch, and multi tool in M18, and SDS and combis in M12. All performs really well. If you are getting any now go for the latest Fuel range in either M18 or M12, as the older stuff is quite dated now but the price difference is not huge if building up a kit.

9. Massive1

Massive1 Trainee Access

I have got the Makita one and its absolute beauty of tool, I am sure you will get the battery and charger but the batteries and charger are normally worth more then the body itself.

10. Martyn Fletcher

Martyn Fletcher Regular EF Member

Milwaukee can get a bit pricey for a tool that does the same job but you'll find advocates all over the place stating their reliability and durability. I personally like Makita because they tend to occupy the middle ground on price but have never let me down yet, unless you count not following me 20 miles down the A12 on their own when I left them behind a failing. :D

11. Idpost

Idpost Active EF Member

I opened an account at my local branch. I got a Milwaukee laser measure for opening my account. They offered me a choice of multi tool, driver bits or laser measure. I’ve already got a couple of multi tools, the bits were mostly Torx, which I wouldn’t have used. I didn’t have to buy anything to activate the account either!

12. Andy78

Andy78 Trusted Advisor

Not as pricey as some think. I recently got the new Fuel M18 combi for £112 body only, batteries can be got as cheap as £60 for M18 5Ah, and my newest toys are a M12 combi drill and SDS double set with charger and 2 x 6Ah batteries for £240. All those are inc vat and delivery.

Some tools are very dear in the range though I agree that, but only the larger more heavy duty stuff.

13. rapparee

rapparee Electrician's Arms

I sort of want a Hitachi multi tool now

14. Shane Mullan

Shane Mullan Trainee Access

I take it one needs to go into the branch to open an account? I can't find a way to do it online

15. Andy78

Andy78 Trusted Advisor

If you want over £100 of free power tools the least you could do is show your face. It'll be down to account managers to distribute these goodies and not a computer.