Discuss Free Solar Unaffected by FiT Cuts? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I have heard a rumour from a friend of a friend that big free solar (50kWish) will go ahead after the cut as there is a 30% tax rebate for Entrepreneurial Investment. For the city investment folks the new tariff will be irrelevant. How a government guaranteed return is classified as entrepreneurial i don't know.

N.B I am not an expert in finance and do not claim to know all the details of this...

I think you will find that was scrapped last budget and will be unavailable after April 2012. Google EIS's
or Goldfield Solar EIS. They will not invest if no return from FIT

Thanks, was thinking the world is a seriously wrong place if they kill the small guys off and let the banksters carry on unimpeded.

They still have untill april tho while the rest of us get shafted pre xmas...

No they are still bound by the FIT reduction so any installations after 12th will result in the lower FIT to the investment vehicle. They are closing all the offers now so they got time to squeeze a few in.

A shade greener seem to think it won't affect them and they are saying they've still got loads of free systems to give away. I can't work it out ...

They get a sum of cash to invest in solar systems but if the FIT is dropped then the Fund Manager will not invest further funds as there is no return. Any funds destined for Solar which are not invested may be returned. So if the projects are not completed by the deadline they may not generate any returns to investors. So the installs will go ahead under the contract with the installer but the FIT will not be paid on the investment. It is very short term if they do have some fund money left and may be pulled at anytime if it is allowed.

Been another long day so.....

Happy to send you a full copy but it will not copy and paste here - sorry.

Thanks Solarfred, I got the investment bit but still can't understand why they are still saying they have thousands of free systems left. Where are they getting the extra stock, installers etc to do so many in such a short time - it looks almost as though they know something we don't ....

Reply to Free Solar Unaffected by FiT Cuts? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock