Discuss FREE Tickets to important electricians seminar in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

E

Eddie Embleton

Hi Everyone

I'm pleased to announce that we have recently sponsored this forum and to celebrate i'd like to offer all forum users FREE tickets to our upcoming seminar on smart automation.

Just click here to get your free tickets - Smart TECH Live is the IoT seminar of the year - http://www.voltimum.co.uk/content/smart-tech-forum

My name is Eddie and i'm the MD of Voltimum (www.voltimum.co.uk). This seminar is designed to offer ALL electricians and installers an insight in to the business opportunities that new technology presents. We're working with the biggest manufacturers and the leading associations in the industry - Schneider, ABB, Legrand, ECA, NICEIC, and CEDIA.

Would appreciate any thoughts or comments that might help us improve our offering.

Thanks
Eddie

Hi Eddie: Just had a quick look at the smart solutions site, looks really good to me. Well laid out, very informative & easy to navigate, but the bit I like best : It's written in plain English.

Nice fanfare and puff Eddie. Why should I train to use your products? Why are you creating items that are too complex to work out of the box? The video on your site about Are we ready for smart technology? It is suggested if you don't take up smart tech. then you are "going to become just a wirepuller" bit of scaremongering there?
So we will be relegated to grunt if we dont take up your technology?
As usual tech is being rolled out, it seems to me in a manner now that suggests you are trying to run before you walk, not you personally Eddie I mean across the field. Take for instance inrush currents on LED, a growing problem or no? Still getting rolled out though!
While your offer for free course sounds good is it not just herding gullible sparks into getting trained in your product ensuring your products are top billing sales? I want a product with a tech dept that is switched on and co-operates, maybe companies like you thought thats a bit expensive lets train them and get rid of the tech dept and we can make more money. Bit cynical?...no, experienced.
There are serious flaws in home automation especially security wise. Again these systems are being rolled out irregardless. People have been locked in and out, and burgled, of their homes entirely due to these flaws. Do you include all that in your training?
Point in case an Electrician phoned me last night working in the City of London square mile. A 10m. new system has just been put in. Smart as you like a section of it has failed. Nothing can be switched off so no testing of what has failed. 200 v on earth 40v on neutral. Where are the smart systems now??? I suppose a wirepuller will have to sort it out?

and both venues are horrendous travel. one is in that den of robbers (london) and the other is in the middle of barbarian land (york).

Nice fanfare and puff Eddie. Why should I train to use your products? Why are you creating items that are too complex to work out of the box? The video on your site about Are we ready for smart technology? It is suggested if you don't take up smart tech. then you are "going to become just a wirepuller" bit of scaremongering there?
So we will be relegated to grunt if we dont take up your technology?
As usual tech is being rolled out, it seems to me in a manner now that suggests you are trying to run before you walk, not you personally Eddie I mean across the field. Take for instance inrush currents on LED, a growing problem or no? Still getting rolled out though!
While your offer for free course sounds good is it not just herding gullible sparks into getting trained in your product ensuring your products are top billing sales? I want a product with a tech dept that is switched on and co-operates, maybe companies like you thought thats a bit expensive lets train them and get rid of the tech dept and we can make more money. Bit cynical?...no, experienced.
There are serious flaws in home automation especially security wise. Again these systems are being rolled out irregardless. People have been locked in and out, and burgled, of their homes entirely due to these flaws. Do you include all that in your training?
Point in case an Electrician phoned me last night working in the City of London square mile. A 10m. new system has just been put in. Smart as you like a section of it has failed. Nothing can be switched off so no testing of what has failed. 200 v on earth 40v on neutral. Where are the smart systems now??? I suppose a wirepuller will have to sort it out?

Sorry for the late reply! I was locked out the site : (

Voltimum are not a manufacturer - i'm not trying to sell you anything. We're a media company aimed at the electrical industry. I feel really strongly that this technology will play a big part in our future - the seminar is aimed at educating our audience and helping them to embrace the opportunity.

I certainly don't disagree that we have a long way to go but the journey should start now. You're right about security - something we absolutely discuss at our seminar as it's a vital topic!

I'm always appreciative of any feedback - very happy to send you some tickets for free and you can let me know what you think at the end : )

and both venues are horrendous travel. one is in that den of robbers (london) and the other is in the middle of barbarian land (york).

Sorry to hear that. It's tough choosing the venues - it would be nice to do it in every city but it's cost prohibitive. We do it in central London to try and make it easier for travel in by train and we chose York as a reasonably central spot in the north. I can try and make sure the barbarians leave you alone if you can make it : )

Reply to FREE Tickets to important electricians seminar in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock