Discuss free website (help newbie alert) in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bobby101

hi all i would like sum help in finding a good free website creator preferably one that wont cost a fortune to host.
In general its totally new to me im just finding my feet with it all thought i had done good on a web creator spent hours on it then the inevitable happened i pressed the wrong button and poof, gone aarrgghh. anyways back to basics help please any links will be greatly appreciated.thanks :dizzy2:

1and1 do hosting with a web site. you start with a basic template and bugger around with it. about £10/month , i think

Type "Getting British Business Online" into google. They will give you a free one with free hosting for 2 Years. If you want a really fancy website this may not be the option for you.

I used to build mines via MS Publisher but to be honest it was pants 2 months ago I took the plunge and purchased Serrif Webplus 5 at a cost of £50 so it was well worth it (so easy to do) plus 2 years ago Ibought a domain name and web hosting from Streamline.net and the cost for 2 years hosting and domain name was £45 ie 50p a week.

I have recently purchased a .mobi domain name as a bit of a punt as more people are surfing the web on their smartphones and where I live there is a large population who work in offices so when they want an electrician to fix their light switch they are looking for one via their phone

I used to use 1and1 but found them to be crap! - no decent templates and cant modify anything

I now use ipage.co.uk

You can get a decent package for $55 + Tax or £55 + VAT.

As you may guess sticking to the USD is cheaper by about 40%.

When you register make sure that you chose USD

With this you get:
1 domain name
6 pages
Drag & Drop Website Builder
$100 Google Adwords Voucher
$100 Facebook Advertising Voucher
and so much easier to use than anything else I tried - especially 1and1 (and cheaper!)

Just do me a favor and go to my website Dyfed Electrical - Home and click the link at the bottom to register - it gives me some credits for my renewal. - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
(I can also get your whole website free of charge as well - just PM me and I will let you know

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to use 1and1 but found them to be crap! - no decent templates and cant modify anything

I now use ipage.co.uk

You can get a decent package for $55 + Tax or £55 + VAT.

As you may guess sticking to the USD is cheaper by about 40%.

When you register make sure that you chose USD

With this you get:
1 domain name
6 pages
Drag & Drop Website Builder
$100 Google Adwords Voucher
$100 Facebook Advertising Voucher
and so much easier to use than anything else I tried - especially 1and1 (and cheaper!)

Just do me a favor and go to my website Dyfed Electrical - Home and click the link at the bottom to register - it gives me some credits for my renewal. - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
(I can also get your whole website free of charge as well - just PM me and I will let you know
Looked at your website and it's good, fast as well between pages.
Just wondering about the lightning strike / flashes, not one of your jobs that went wrong? Lol

Looked at your website and it's good, fast as well between pages.
Just wondering about the lightning strike / flashes, not one of your jobs that went wrong? Lol

No not quiet TC. I saw that as a template and I liked it - thought it was the most appropriate one

Thanks TC - good to hear from someone else that the website is good - any improvements you can recommend?

Just a couple of things I have noticed Nic are you have spelt CommE​rcial wrong on your headers. Another is do you have a land line for contact as I always think it looks better as at least you have some premises, even if it is your home phone number.

Last edited by a moderator:
My landline is not working - BT hashed it up again - internet working though.

I think no landline looks better than a not working line.

I will sort spelling now - thanks

Some people like to see a landline because the consumer watchdogs say that anyone can make a website and trade via a mobile number without being traced

Googled electrician in Pembrokshire and you didn't come up after 5 pages so may help to get your name further up the list.
Saying that if you Google electrician in Gloucester i can't find mine after 20 pages!!!!!!!!

I should of been at the top under the adwords.

I only submitted my site to google last week (for dyfedelectrical) and (owens-development) just over a month ago.
It can take upto 3 weeks for Google to get it listed

Try searching for Electrician Pembroke Dock - 1st

You need to put meta tags and backlinks on your site as well ie buddy up with a spark on the other side of the country (not in your area) and let the web spiders crawl over

you interested then oldtimer?

You seem to know what your talking about so any advice you can give me all the better - feel free to PM me

Is anyone interested in budding up with me to improve their rating on Google? - Please no-one from Wales as I don't want to be fighting for the same customers.

Reply to free website (help newbie alert) in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net