Discuss From electronic computer operator and servers to electrician career in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

sonny

-
Reaction score
I want to become an electrician but unfortunately I went to an electronic speciality and I learned more about electronics than electrical equipment.In the 11th grade I had something about this speciality but it was for only a year.Is it possible to become an electrician if I went to another speciality?I want to know if I have a chance to requilify from the degree computer operator to something that is more interesting.I hate my speciality and I want to change it.

Probably nobody on the forum knows what the entry requirements for the electrical trade are in Romania.

I talked to my kind and they told me that I should do a 3-5 month course to become an electrician.Can I become an electrician in such a short time?Why not?

What can happen if you are not trained in a 4 year course?Can you die if you were trained in a short time?I don't know a lot about that and this is why I'm asking you.

Where do you want to work in Romania or in the UK you can not be a proper Electrician in 5 months, what degree do have in computers and what have you worked on ?

To be honest if you have a computer degree descent language skills and an aptitude for learning the I'd train as a Cisco engineer as the London rates are about £45 ph hour or £40o per day, working in a nice office with free tea and coffee and decent toilets is far better then being stuck in a loft.

A mate of mine is a Cisco engineer slightly higher up the scale and he was on a rate of £1000 per day.

The short courses only allow you to become a domestic installer. Still an electrician but limited to working in houses. The 4 year course as an apprentice is more likely to get you interesting work in industrial or commercial settings...

Hmm. Where’s an application form for that Cisco job?

The short courses only allow you to become a domestic installer. Still an electrician but limited to working in houses. The 4 year course as an apprentice is more likely to get you interesting work in industrial or commercial settings...

Hmm. Where’s an application form for that Cisco job?

If the OP is a network engineer he'd be better going down that route then training to be an Electrician, I mean "Domestic Installer" which to me is not an Electrician, I am an Electrician I served my time.

Screen Shot 2018-08-24 at 08.44.01.jpg Screen Shot 2018-08-24 at 08.44.16.jpg

A domestic installer is not a Electrician they are a "domestic electrical installer".

Definition = Somebody who crawls across loft spaces with a twin and earth in their mouth covered in glass fibre. Who knows BS7671 off by heart and can name any regulation."

* You can spot one a mile away I had to show one how to change a hacksaw blade the right direction teeth facing foward on a previous job.

* "Data installer" also not an Electrician.

* "Fire installer" also not an Electrician although sometimes spotted in pub telling everybody who will listen he is after 5 pints of Peroni.

Cheers

Last edited:
A domestic installer is not a Electrician they are a "domestic electrical installer".

Definition = Somebody who crawls across loft spaces with a twin and earth in their mouth covered in glass fibre. Who knows BS7671 off by heart and can name any regulation."

* You can spot one a mile away I had to show one how to change a hacksaw blade the right direction teeth facing foward on a previous job.

* "Data installer" also not an Electrician.

* "Fire installer" also not an Electrician although sometimes spotted in pub telling everybody who will listen he is after 5 pints of Peroni.

Cheers
If he is drinking Peroni then he is earning more then what an electrician is as the electrician would be in a Wetherspoons......

Reply to From electronic computer operator and servers to electrician career in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net