Discuss From Maintenance to Installation query... in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

E

EngTechD

Hello Guys & Dolls,

I'm currently Maintenance qualified with an NVQ3 Electrical Maintenance, accompanied by 17th Ed and soon-to-be Inspecting and Testing. I'm looking to generally vary myself as an Electrician and open a few more doors by going down the Installation route. My question to you guys is, short of completing another NVQ (because I won't be able to do it within my company as the workload isn't there) what path would you suggest I go down? I've looked into local college courses, and have found a C&G 2330 Tech Cert L2/3, am I right in thinking that this accompanied by 17th Ed/Inspecting and Testing will allow me to obtain a JIB card and essentially certify me as an Installation Electrician or am I misleaded?

If any of you could make me any wiser, I'd appreciate it grately!

Thanks in advance!

Darren

Hello Guys & Dolls,

I'm currently Maintenance qualified with an NVQ3 Electrical Maintenance, accompanied by 17th Ed and soon-to-be Inspecting and Testing. I'm looking to generally vary myself as an Electrician and open a few more doors by going down the Installation route. My question to you guys is, short of completing another NVQ (because I won't be able to do it within my company as the workload isn't there) what path would you suggest I go down? I've looked into local college courses, and have found a C&G 2330 Tech Cert L2/3, am I right in thinking that this accompanied by 17th Ed/Inspecting and Testing will allow me to obtain a JIB card and essentially certify me as an Installation Electrician or am I misleaded?

If any of you could make me any wiser, I'd appreciate it grately!

Thanks in advance!

Darren

You will be graded on the NVQ3 and as yours is in maintenance you will only get a maintenance electrician gold card.

Okay, so are there many ways of side-stepping and grading as in installations? As I mentioned, would the C&G 2330 Tech Cert L2/3 help?

Okay cool. So thats JIB out the window unless I re-qualify. However, still interesting in cross-skilling and I've noticed companies such as British Gas, etc that require NVQ3/or equivalent in Installations, what defines an equivalent to the NVQ3?

Okay cool. So thats JIB out the window unless I re-qualify. However, still interesting in cross-skilling and I've noticed companies such as British Gas, etc that require NVQ3/or equivalent in Installations, what defines an equivalent to the NVQ3?

An ONC and OND are both comparable to a Level 3 qualification according to C&G.

Last edited:

Reply to From Maintenance to Installation query... in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock