Discuss Fuse board upgrade price. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi,

I took your advise and quoted £20,000 the customer has just accepted it.

Thanks
either you are a shark or the customer is a fool.:D:D:D. get a few more at that price and i'l do 'em for 10k. then you make 10k without getting out of bed.

I would imagine if most tool electricians were guaranteed £200 everyday they would take it. That is £52k without any time off or not working weekends.
that's OK for single blokes, butthem what is married or in a long term relashunpip. got 'er indoors wants holidays and something called "quality time".mine said she wanted a holiday somewhere new.i said how about a week in the kitchen.

£300? Do you eat fresh air for breakfast, dinner and tea and live in a cardboard box??

Get real, you’ll spend that much on materials of yours fitting anything halfway decent!
Eh? Did you just tell a joke Dave? I'm used to your posts being succinct, direct, functional, firm when required, knowledgeable, professional and almost always completely accurate.... but funny!!! You've disillusioned me now and I just can't take you seriously any longer :(.

You are paying too much for your materials and since when has changing a ccu been a two man job? What does the 2nd bloke do?

Edit; Also a full day??

I am being a bit disingenuous.

Firstly - I don't do domestic.

Secondly - I would only install premium manufacturers.

Lastly - I do not send anyone out alone for safety reasons and all quoted works are quoted as at least one days work.

I know this is silly to most hence I said I was being disingenuous.

I am being a bit disingenuous.

Firstly - I don't do domestic.

Secondly - I would only install premium manufacturers.

Lastly - I do not send anyone out alone for safety reasons and all quoted works are quoted as at least one days work.

I know this is silly to most hence I said I was being disingenuous.

Fair enough, I would expect to change a ccu in around 2 hours, maybe 3 if it was a Mantel unit as them Amd 3 Skeletons are awkward. We use Wylex or Crabtree.

That's some going, surely you don't mean with full and proper testing in that timescale ?!

As a result of doing K&Bs for about 18 years i've changed literally hundreds of CCUs so im pretty quick at them but no i was talking about just changing a CCU, but as i would have carried out a full EICR before doing the change a retest after is not going to take long is it?

Sorry Bill, K&Bs ?? It's been a long day ! Yeah just doing a board change without any testing I'd say around 3 hours - that's doing it nice and neat mind. But my usual way is to do all the circuit tests while disconnected after removal of the old board, and IMO to do all the testing and board properly is a full - and sometimes a long days work.

Reply to Fuse board upgrade price. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net