Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss fused flex outlet for towel radiator in bathroom in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. gazpeace

gazpeace Guest

Hi can anybody tell me if you can fit a fused flex outlet for towel radiator in bathroom in zone 2?

2. Engineer54

Engineer54 Guest

Personally, i wouldn't have to think twice about installing a fused outlet in Zone 2 of a bathroom!!

3. Des 56

Des 56 Trusted Advisor

I can but you live too far away to make it worth my while

• Like Like x 1
  4. gazpeace

gazpeace Guest

So you are saying it is ok to do it then?, it will be protected by an RCBO.

5. dim_bulb

dim_bulb Guest

Why can't you fit it out side the bathroom? You can get ip44 regulators- tools station £20

6. MDJ

MDJ Guest

have a look at 701.512.3 and 701.55 bearing in mind 701.512.2, and read through it all and you will find your answer fella.

• Like Like x 1
  7. i=p/u

i=p/u Trusted Advisor

or have a look at pg 82-83 osg......

8. i=p/u

i=p/u Trusted Advisor

Zone------- minimum degree of protection--------- current using equipment---------- switchgear and accessories

2 - ipx4 or ipx5 if jets - fixed permanently connected - only switches and sockets of selv
    equipment allowed,general rules - circuits allowed, the source being
    apply. outsidethe zones

9. i=p/u

i=p/u Trusted Advisor

well that was ment to make sense but electricians forum decided to cram it together...

10. Fin170

Fin170 Electrician's Arms

Electricians guide to the building regs has the best image for it, if it helps, sinks no longer form any part of the zones but common sense required ;)

11. Engineer54

Engineer54 Guest

Why would you want to do that??

12. dim_bulb

dim_bulb Guest

To comply and so you don't get a scolding burn usually they don't need to be so hot

13. Engineer54

Engineer54 Guest

OK with you, your in the no electrical provisions within bathrooms, or death is just around the corner stable!!

14. dim_bulb

dim_bulb Guest

Sorry I don't understand

15. vjsmarwick

vjsmarwick Regular EF Member

i think it was meant why would you want to fit it outside the bathroom ? a long run of flex if you fit it outside the bathroom and may damage the cable closing the door on it all the time ? just the way we read your statement i think but was amusing to me anyway