Discuss fused flex outlet for towel radiator in bathroom in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Zone------- minimum degree of protection--------- current using equipment---------- switchgear and accessories

2 - ipx4 or ipx5 if jets - fixed permanently connected - only switches and sockets of selv
equipment allowed,general rules - circuits allowed, the source being
apply. outsidethe zones

Electricians guide to the building regs has the best image for it, if it helps, sinks no longer form any part of the zones but common sense required ;)

To comply and so you don't get a scolding burn usually they don't need to be so hot

i think it was meant why would you want to fit it outside the bathroom ? a long run of flex if you fit it outside the bathroom and may damage the cable closing the door on it all the time ? just the way we read your statement i think but was amusing to me anyway

I have seen towel rails wired to flex outlets in the room and then spurs outside the rooms controlling the flex outlet, however regardless of this the regs I put up originally says what the rules are, I am in the "the regs are the minimum standard club" though and use my loaf.

Oh haha I get it now
no I meant FCU back of wall and out let plate in bathroom with flex going into that

sorry I should explain myself more... Or just cut a notch out the door frame and there you go.joking!

Why not have the FCU in the bathroom directly at the side of the t/rail ?? I installed one in my parents small bathroom for an electric towel rail 30 years ago, probably still there too!! What's the problem?? It's pretty much standard practice to have a socket outlet in bathrooms on the continent and in the States, and has been for decades. If your that worried about it, supply through a 10mA RCD like the Germans!! lol!!

Put a flex outlet in the bathroom with fcu in hallway, cupboard etc. you could install an unswitched fcu in bathroom but then it won't meet regs as its not a switched ISP, and must be 30mA RCD protected. I usually install an RCD fcu in hallway from a socket then drill through to bathroom and install a flex outlet in bathroom

I have installed a switched fuse spur outside the bathroom, but the Wholesalers messed my order up for the flex outlet, but they had a fused flex outlet.

Reply to fused flex outlet for towel radiator in bathroom in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net