Discuss Fused Spur crimp connection question. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Racing Green Bo

Hi
I need to create a fused spur with the connection into the RFC cable under the floorboards i.e. not accessible. Going with the regs crimps can be used as they are MF but is it acceptable to have three cables in each crimp?

Thats my post cherry popped! Cheers for your help.

James

if putting 3 cables in, use wagos in an enclosure.

well, i use them. ifc we wait for the IET to decide whether they're MF or not , we'll all be on pension.

Wago connectors are MF only if used in an appropriate housing, as the MF applies to the whole package. However, most if not all MF housings contain the connectors too ...

The current Wago box does not have the correct cable clamps. One is in testing, by the company that makes wago boxes for wago.

The question is, does it have to say MF to be MF? The regs say we must read the manufacturers instructions as they take precedence over the regs in many cases, so if they say it is MF when used as they say, but it is not marked MF, is it or is it not MF? MoFo, no?

Wago connectors are MF only if used in an appropriate housing, as the MF applies to the whole package. However, most if not all MF housings contain the connectors too ...

The current Wago box does not have the correct cable clamps. One is in testing, by the company that makes wago boxes for wago.

The question is, does it have to say MF to be MF? The regs say we must read the manufacturers instructions as they take precedence over the regs in many cases, so if they say it is MF when used as they say, but it is not marked MF, is it or is it not MF? MoFo, no?

I prefer the Hager J803/J804 in most cercumstances and Hager have made a "big" thing about their "MF" status.

Wagos are great, bit as far as I am aware still not classed mf. The Hager units are great and definately marked MF

Manufacturer's instructions do not take precedence over the Regs.
They are required to be complied with, as well as the Regs.
The Regs. require that the box is marked with the MF symbol, if it's not so marked, it doesn't comply, irrespective of the manufacturer's instructions.

Tel it's not down to the IET to say whether a particular product complies or not, it's down to BSI and the manufacturers.

Manufacturer's instructions do not take precedence over the Regs.
They are required to be complied with, as well as the Regs.
The Regs. require that the box is marked with the MF symbol, if it's not so marked, it doesn't comply, irrespective of the manufacturer's instructions.

Tel it's not down to the IET to say whether a particular product complies or not, it's down to BSI and the manufacturers.

Yes I agree with that in principle as it is black and white, unusally. But I don't remember where, I did think I should make at note at the time, but I did read a phrase in one of the publications that said something along the line of, if a manufacturers product is rated such that it offers better specification than contained in the regs, then it is compliant so long as their instructs are fully complied with. I think it had to be to the BS applicable, but COULD exceed it. And a reference also to newly developed products that were not available at time of ratification.

OK this doesn't say they over rule, that was a bad choice of phrase, but so you get my point? It does suggest similar. I need to locate it over weekend... to be sure I read it correctly. If anyone knows where, please save me the time!

Probably come back to the usual, yes you can use it, if they say you can, but if it goes wrong it is your fault.

Reply to Fused Spur crimp connection question. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net