Discuss G24 Light Fitting - How Easy To Change? in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have recently moved into a new house and every light fitting except the bathroom ones are G24 (actual fitting says 10/13w G24q1, 18w G24q2).

I brought with me some E27 Philips Hue bulbs and bought some G24 to E27 adapters from eBay however these don't work.

So is it a big job to change these fittings to E27, or is there anyway to get the adapters to work? I read something about bypassing the ballast? I've attached a photo of the wiring inside the fitting if thats any help.

Thanks
Stuart

Fitting.jpg

better to see the drop and lamp holder . apart from which, looking at that rose, i'd be querying whether the installation was done by an electrician or a monkey.

changing the flex drops is easy. just connect a new flex and lamp holder to the rose same way as existing. i'm more concerned about the fixed wiring ( the twin/Earth feeding the rose. might be an idea to get a local spark visit and give you an inspection, if it's a new build, you can claim on the guarantee.

sod the baggy pants. look where it's terminated.

I wonder where the ones in the switch are terminated. Joking aside it is a scary thought and OP, you really do need to get everything properly checked out as looking at this you could have a dangerous situation there.

Thanks all for the advice, I'll get someone round to check the wiring ASAP. This is the only one I checked, but I imagine the rest could be just as bad.
take murdoch up on his offer. you know it makes sense.

Reply to G24 Light Fitting - How Easy To Change? in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net