Discuss G59 relay location on multiple occupancy site? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

Morgan keith

Hi guys. Pricing a job for a multiple occupancy site. It's around 25 apartments with a 1kWp system on each one. All the apartments have their own CU (hate to state the obvious) and run back to the same main supply point. Just to be able to give a rought quote I was wondering if we'd run each system to each individual apartment's CU and then allow for a say 30 kW G59 relay at the main supply point or how will the relay integrate into the system?

Cheers.

I assume these sperate aparments aren't metered seperately by the DNO?

It's a good question as I'm not sure what you're suggesting would work. Fluctuations on the grid would take out the relay which would in turn cut the power to the whole block.

One G59 relay ?????!

The relay is designed to cut the power to the inverter, so you'd actually have to have the g59 monitoring kit at the incoming main and the that kit will have to actuate 25 different relays - one for each inverter.

It would amke more sense to configure each inverter to G59 settings,

Have you asked your lorad and masters - the local DNO - they will specify what is needed

It depends upon who owns the sub-meters - is each tenant charged by their electricity provider of choice (i.e. each one has its own MPAN) or does the landlord bill the tenants?

Whichever way you need to do either a G83 Stage 2 application or a G59 Application.

Even if they are 25 seperate metered (MPAN) accounts, you cannot do this install as G83 post install notfication.

Reply to G59 relay location on multiple occupancy site? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock