Discuss Galaxy 144 alarm system in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

Jak1708

Hi all

I have a Honeywell galaxy 3-144c main alarm board and want to connect an external sounder and strobe unit to it,

The sounder has the following connections :

V+
V-
Sw-
R-
St-

But the panel has nothing that matches these ?

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Jack

not familiar with the galaxy, but it will have a set of bell terminals. a pic of the pcb would help.

I'm guessing first 2 will be perm pos & neg, Sw will be switched negative for the sounder, R tamper return and St the strobe negative. You may have to pair up the strobe positive with V+

Regards

As you can see there is nothing with bell marked on it

However there is an external sounder point so wondering if that's it ?

thought that. but i.m not sure. if so , V+ to +, SW- to -, V- and R- to the tamper terminals.not sure about ST ( strobe)

If I remember correctly, On a G3 ....

V+ = positive
V- = Negative
R = Tamper return 0 v
OPT 1 Bells
OPT 2 Strobe

I think these panels used the on board outputs for Bell and Strobe where you can program them in Option 53

The smaller G2 s had dedicated bell and strobe terminals.

Thank you !!

Wired in a panic alarm to a spare zone as well but new to get into the engineer zone setup to set it as a panic alarm so it's constantly monitored instead of just when the alarm is armed but it says "insufficient acces rights" I've got the master code and can select to turn on the engineer access but no code works ??

I've tried 12345, 1234, 4321, 54321, 9090, 9999,

Anyone know how to do this ?

Thanks

Jack

Best thing to do then if you don't know the master code is to pop out the watch battery on board to default.

Then it's 12345
enter 48 then enable engineer access.
Then default eng code is 112233

Timbobelfast thank you so much you were spot on, managed to set zone 3 as PA,

Wired blue to "zone 3" and one side of the pa terminal and wired white to "0v" and to the other side of terminal, pressed button and nothing :(

Any ideas ? Or test I can do ?

Thanks again !!!!

Well in PA devices as in all devices to be connected to galaxy panels they work on resistance. Some PA buttons have pre-selectable resistor jumpers in them and others you have to fit in the resistors yourself. Check if it has the resistor selectors. You want a 1k for for closed and 2k for open. If you have to fit resistors normally galaxy panels come with a bag of them they also come with 3k and 12k so be careful you get the correct ones. should have two black and a red band on the resistor. Anyway I have included a little diagram and I am no picasso. But is shows how it works.

Galaxy 144 alarm system diagram - EletriciansForums.net

Also not sure if you are aware but if you go to menu option "21" Display Zones you can view your circuit number and if you press the # key you can view the zone resistance. If it shows 1000 Ohms or there about then the zone is closed that is what you would expect to see when the zone is NOT triggered. if you trigger it you should see the resistance go unto 2000 Ohms or there about. If it shows Tamp S/C with a low ohm reading then you have got a short somewhere or it is incorrectly connected. If you see Tamp O/C it means there is a break or it is incorrectly connected. Also another thing about configuring the PA button in option "52" you can set it to either PA or PA Silent. the difference is almost explanatory PA will trigger the sounders which in some situations will alert the whoever is around something happening while PA silent will not activate sounders but will trigger the dialler outputs.

Also in regards to the bell/sounder some require a 1k resistor fitted between the +V hold-off and the Bell trigger terminals inside the bell.

Last edited:
Thanks all ,

Im getting a panic alarm from Elmdene who I believe have the resistors already set up for a galaxy board

Hopefully that does it

The new Elmdene PA buttons are now all fitted with resistor selectors in them with various jumper setting positions for your pleasure and they dont have the old annoying screw terminals they are micro switches with block terminals. Took them long enough :p

Hi Jack, just seen your question. You can connect as follows: V+ to + on panel PCB, V- to 0V on panel PCB, R- to TAMP return on panel PCB and R- to BELL out on panel PCB. This should work. regards, Bernard

Reply to Galaxy 144 alarm system in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock