Discuss Galaxy 16 plus burglar alarm stuck in walk test mode? in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

ML1980

Hello

Any thoughts appreciated on my problem with my Galaxy 16 plus burglar alarm.

I recently powered it down, mains and battery, to do some decorating, as part of which I unscrewed 2 pirs, the control panel and the internal alarm box (not sure if this is the right term) to paint behind them. I did not need to unscrew any of the connecting cables. On powering up the system everything seemed to be fine, except every time I walk past a pir, the internal alarm bleeps twice. Having checked the manual this appears to be what would happen if the alarm was in walk test mode. I have checked that it is not using the instructions in the manual.

If anyone has any ideas as to what may be wrong it would be much appreciated.

Sounds like Chime, try the below.

Selecting the Chime Option
Enter your User Code and press the 2 key.
On selecting the Chime option the first zone is displayed along with its chime status (enabled

or disabled). Pressing the # key changes the chime status of the zone.Press the A or B keys to view and program the other zones on the system.Press the ent key to accept the programming or esc to cancel

agree with above^^^^^^. sounds favorite.

Reply to Galaxy 16 plus burglar alarm stuck in walk test mode? in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock