Discuss Galv conduit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Richard

Good mornings,

Quick one before I head out,

Whats the secret to avoiding teethmarks in the conduit whilst its clamped and you threading?

Thank you

A decent vice which is not worn and clamping hard. Most damage results from a worn vice and not tightening enough which results in the tube spinning whilst threading.

A pad of nylon weave insertion rubber around the conduit. If you know anyone in an engineering shop they should have some.

Now we’ll wait for the smutty comments.

Reply to Galv conduit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi I've inherited a very tight space, a KMF switch and some split-con for a sub-main to try and tidy up. It's a joyous non-restrained single...
Replies
Views
A recent discussion on conduit choice wandered over to pros and cons of the 'conlok' style and a link was posted to one of the Efixx videos in...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have 50 ft of corrugated pipe buried between my house and a pool shed. I placed it where I knew future landscaping would make it very...
Replies
Views
I'll start by saying - I have absolutely no intention of doing any wiring or anything electrical myself. You get someone professional to do a...
Replies
Views
Evening everyone . I was changing a fuse board today . Everything tested out fine and good . Until I measured the Ze which is on a tnc-s system...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock