Discuss Garage board cable ok? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Evening all,

Looking to install a garage board around a 30 meter run, 2 circuits, one 32A ring with 3 double sockets, no stupid loads (TV, Pc and some other stuff) And just couple LED 5ft's. Putting the sub board on a 40A RCD.

My question lies with the cable run, from board to the back of the house is roughly 20m. The last Spark ran a 6mm T&E to the back of the house, and had an extension lead (2.5mm) running the other 10m to the garage.

Im looking to junction the 6mm and join a 6mm SWA for the rest of the run. Firstly, in theory could i use a 4mm SWA and is it even worth joining to the 6 or get elbows deep and run brand New throughout.

Thanks
Bob

Looking to install a garage board around a 30 meter run, 2 circuits, one 32A ring with 3 double sockets, no stupid loads (TV, Pc and some other stuff) And just couple LED 5ft's. Putting the sub board on a 40A RCD.

My question lies with the cable run, from board to the back of the house is roughly 20m. The last Spark ran a 6mm T&E to the back of the house, and had an extension lead (2.5mm) running the other 10m to the garage.

Im looking to junction the 6mm and join a 6mm SWA for the rest of the run. Firstly, in theory could i use a 4mm SWA and is it even worth joining to the 6 or get elbows deep and run brand New throughout.
firstly I see that you are not a spark ,I would get a spark in to design it for you .considering that work needs part p .

Welcome to the forum mate.

Questions:
Why 32A for the sockets if you are not using alot?
How will the SWA be routed/installed?
Who is doing the installstion?
Who is doing the testing?
Who is notifying the work?

Why not carry on in 6mm² 6242y? You maybe need to think about earthing will it be TT or TN-C-S? What kind of construction is the garage?

No a total legit question, my warning was aimed at be careful you don't upset anyone.

No one to upset mate. The OP asked a question and we need to know more info...
I'm not going to give any info out to someone new until I think they can do things safely, if they are doing any work.

Not sure if the OP has answered the questions and it's waiting for a MOD to review it or they just haven't answered.... Oh well...

there are 3 steps to heaven, install it, energise it, use it, BANG. dead OP.

it's sunday. old peculier, chilling, and sounds.

Hahaha, I knew that'd be PF before it appeared. :)
I'm currently on a combo of Landlord and Guinness Pale Ale.

Have you noticed, outbuildings (on here) used to be sheds, they all appear to be garages these days. Country must be doing well!

Reply to Garage board cable ok? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net