Discuss Garage door alert solutions ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Soulsurfer

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi I have a client who is always asking for random things electrically...
This time it's a possibility to fit maybe something like a roller lever switch or magnetic reed switch etc.. to alert her when her garage door is opened, while she's in the house. With an LED flashing or buzzer etc.. I think the garage door is just a manual canopy up and over.
Not sure if just to send her on her way to the garage door company ?
Could take more time and hassle to source parts and build up / wire in something than would be worth the costs I'm thinking.

Anyone had to do something like this before ?

Also while I'm at it, I have a lock up with a replaced electric roller door opening control unit and it's only got one fob and no manual buttons to raise / lower it.
No manufacturer details on it either, I've found some basic push button up /down stop in the centre type parts but should all these door command centres be able to be hardwired into to control without just the remote fob does anyone know ? Thanks all.

Somewhere on here I posted a pic of my own solution using a mini paint roller, some Meccano and a Quinetic wireless switch...Heath Robinson, but it works, and all for about £30..but I can't find the thread now!

For the 2nd part of your query - my roller garage door didn't have manual buttons on the controller - it just had a fob like yours. But when I opened the unit up, there was a header connector with pins for open/close/stop and common. So I fitted 3 push buttons to a small box and stuck it to the front of the controller box. Works a treat.

Reply to Garage door alert solutions ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Aside from every screwdriver in the universe, I wonder what the most creative mis-use of a tool you have encountered is. I'm sure this example can...
Replies
Views
I have an electric oven - now many years old. I have replaced the main circular 2.5kW oven element (ELEHY6708) several times over the years...
Replies
Views
This isn't really an electrical issue as such but I know you guys are pretty tech savvy and familiar with all the latest and greatest...
Replies
Views
All of the work described below will be completed by a qualified electrician, I am just curious and using the info for planning!! I am planning a...
Replies
Views
It's not that often I stare stupidly at something for 5 minutes and can't work out where to start, but.... The horizontal and lower vertical...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock