Discuss Garage :: Plastic conduit from floor, suggestions please. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

DaveyD

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi everyone
Can I have your advise please?
I have a domestic detached garage to wire up. Its a simple job. 1 x socket and fused down for a single light.
They had a new roof on and want me to use existing supply cable, it comes from house CU that has RCD protection on its own CB up into the loft down the wall and under the patio. It was coming into an old fuse board on the garage floor. I'm getting rid of that and running in 20mm plastic conduit.
My problem:
Supply comes up 6in from the back wall through the garage floor. I want to protect with something like a terminal conduit box but that wont be deep enough - or perhaps a large bore bent conduit that I could slip my 20mm into when it gets to the wall - but then I dont have any idea how to fix that to the floor around the existing cable.
Kind Regards, David

Reply to Garage :: Plastic conduit from floor, suggestions please. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster here. Straight down to it.. A friend asked me to add some sockets and additional lights to a small...
Replies
Views
I’m planning a 240V welder circuit in a detached garage with a 100A sub panel. For the 160A or 180A output welders I’m looking at, the conductor...
Replies
Views
Hi Just bought this 1960s house, will be doing full rewire. Incoming supply splits and goes through hole in garage to next door. This is a looped...
Replies
Views
Howdy, I'm looking for help with my plan to install an extra internal double socket and an external double waterproof socket to my garage. I...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Newly qualified electrician here who is in the process of re-wiring my own property. I have recently converted my old CU (if I can call...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock