Discuss Garden lighting, decking in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

robo83

-
Reaction score
Hi, got a job to put 20 lights in decking and was looking for best way to approach.

There is an outside socket, simple method would be to plug 2 lots of the lights into the socket, but was looking for a better, more permanent method as the run from the extension to the decking is 15meters.

I was looking at the 10light decking kits which include the transformer.

I was thinking. Fcu from the ring, pop through the wall to an ip box where I gland and connect an swa, then run the swa to ip box near decking, where it houses the transformers, either plugging in or hard wiring. Allowing a Photocell to be connected.

Any suggestions.

Reply to Garden lighting, decking in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

hello all have a couple of questions re-some decking lights. I have fitted by Electrician around 10 years ago, He’s spured off an existing...
Replies
Views
have a set of lights that i would like to use plug over battery. have a few plugs and old sets with cables could Frankenstein together if doable...
Replies
Views
Hello I have some decking lights which to be fair, have been nothing but pain in the bottom since they were installed. Moisture in the lens lamps...
Replies
Views
Hi. Im looking for some advice when calculating submain cables. Basically there is a new connection of 80Amps that is to be used for a dwelling...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I have some industrial lighting circuits to wire in a workshop and was after some fresh ideas/suggestions as to how i could best do this...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock