Discuss Garden Lighting in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

LankyWill

Morning Lads

Hope everyones having a nice break over the hols, i have been caught relaxing too much and strong armed into completing the endless list of already active jobs. After replacing the abortion of a CU under the stairs to a fancy, hager-high integrity 17th ed to accommodate an rcbo for the garage. I am now swiftly moving on the the cold outside lighting. In the warmer months i buried armoured's in the ground to various flower beds. I am now moving on the making off the glands ready for the lights.

Whats everyones preferred method of doing this?

as above. wait till it's warmer. mad dogs and englishmen and all that.

stanley knife and frozen fingers = a trip to A&E.

I think I will take the advice of my knowledgable peers and wait until it's warmer. I was going to go: swa-junction box- tuff flex- light. I might just put a stake in the ground and affix junction box to that. Some clever planting could hide it.

I just saw a photo on FB of someone's cables this morning - he tried stripping them at freezing and the insulation just shredded. Stay inside mate, got to be something better on the tele

I think I will take the advice of my knowledgable peers and wait until it's warmer. I was going to go: swa-junction box- tuff flex- light. I might just put a stake in the ground and affix junction box to that. Some clever planting could hide it.

What you planning to use for the stake? I find a length of unistrut rather useful

That sounds good, small profile and wont rot. I dont want the buried joints route as this will only lead to further problems. Going to magic gel the connections anyway and keep the junction box upright.

Reply to Garden Lighting in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net