Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Garden Office - First Fit Advice and Electrician to connect up in the Looking for Domestic Electricians? area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Roger Perkin

Roger Perkin New EF Member

I am looking for an Electrician to advise on my first fit of lights and ring main for a garden office I am building.

Once I have all the wires run in and the ceilings and walls on I require them to connect up to Consumer Unit and then connect an armoured cable to the house.

Job is in SO45 1BG -
    Calshot, Southampton

2. westward10

westward10 In echoed steps I walk across an empty dream. Electrician's Arms

This is notifiable works and I would suspect any electrician would want to do the full works for the Electrical Installation Certificate.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. davesparks

davesparks Trusted Advisor

The electrician will need to inspect all of the work you have done before it is covered. They will also need to see your design calculations for the cable sizes you have used.
    Also you will have to sign the design and construction sections of the certificate as you are responsible for these parts of the work.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Vortigern

Vortigern Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    F.H. Electrical
    I think you will find it hard to find an electrician to do half the job for the reasons stated above. Be wary of someone who will do that, not that it can't be done but most electricians are very careful about that type of scenario.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Madocks

Madocks Active EF Member

Depending on size a first fix on a garden office could take a day, is it worth trying to save a days labour? If he does the whole job then any issues are his responsibility

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

^^ especially when people are paying £10 k + plus for the garden office

Bonkers

• Agree Agree x 7