Discuss Gas bonding comercial in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

bartkusal

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Wasn’t here for a while, would like to get some opinions on my issue, if you don’t mind folks.
Gas bonding issue, gas incoming pipe is at one point and it’s boded as soon as it enters the premises, the meter is about 20 meters inside the premises, I have my boss insisting that bonding should be 600mm on consumer side after meter.
I know what regs say, but then they talking about standard installation where meter is at the same point where pipes enters the premises, which is not the case in these premises. It definitely needs boding at the point of entry as far as I am concerned, and I tested continuity across the meter between incoming and consumer’s pipework and had 0 ohms, so as it stands I am happy to leave as it is, but my boss insisting other vice.
I don’t see the point or need to install second bonding after meter, just because some CBRE gas compliance guy said so… Would appreciate your opinions. Premises are big office block. Thanks…

i would install a 10mm across the meter from the incoming pipe to the outgoing pipe. that way everybody should be happy.

i would install a 10mm across the meter from the incoming pipe to the outgoing pipe. that way everybody should be happy.
It makes sense if to keep all happy, but is this necessary? And obviously if to keep consistent I should install 50mm bond across as the original one, thanks

It doesn't actually state "consumers side" in BS7671 but where it enters the premises. To me there is nothing wrong and bonding across the meter is pointless.

Hi - with my tin hat on - OSG and GN8 show main protective bonding to gas on the customer side of meter. But as pointed out that leaves the substantial run of suppliers pipe inside the premises. Unless it's known this supply pipe is electrically through connected by the meter and it's fittings, then it sounds like an extraneous conductive part?

Reply to Gas bonding comercial in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock