Discuss GE RCBO's in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

SSE

-
Reaction score
Where's best to buy these online? When I say best I of course mean cheapest! Ha! Some places were wanting over £50 for them!

I did say RRP!! The contractor here is under contract to purchase all electrical equipment from Western sources unless otherwise approved (which would be me). And no, they don't pay anywhere near that amount, nor would anyone else i would imagine...

I did say RRP!! The contractor here is under contract to purchase all electrical equipment from Western sources unless otherwise approved (which would be me). And no, they don't pay anywhere near that amount, nor would anyone else i would imagine...

Don't you rate Chinese made electrical equipment? I have been offered a 'good price' by a wholesaler on T5 fluorescent fittings from NVC Lighting. About Us What is your experience?

Has anyone used NVC products? What is your opinion?

Chinese made electrical equipment, has improved beyond recognition over the last 10 years, but is still dogged by the crap that used to be exported. All our Flu Fittings are being manufactured in China but are manufactured by industry recognised names. Like wise with the tubes, we only basically only use GE and Osram, many of which are being manufactured in China, but some are only available from these two manufacturers from overseas sources.

It's more than possible that some of the same manufacturing plants are being used for both Western companies (under said company supervision) and own brands. I have to ensure before approval of supply, that the equipment being supplied to the project is authenticated as being supplied from an industry recognised company, that has it's base and is trading in the West. This is a project specification, not my personal view. ...

There is more good than bad stuff that's coming out of China these days, though you still need to be on your toes to weed out the bad stuff... lol!!

Chinese made electrical equipment, has improved beyond recognition over the last 10 years, but is still dogged by the crap that used to be exported. All our Flu Fittings are being manufactured in China but are manufactured by industry recognised names. Like wise with the tubes, we only basically only use GE and Osram, many of which are being manufactured in China, but some are only available from these two manufacturers from overseas sources.

It's more than possible that some of the same manufacturing plants are being used for both Western companies (under said company supervision) and own brands. I have to ensure before approval of supply, that the equipment being supplied to the project is authenticated as being supplied from an industry recognised company, that has it's base and is trading in the West. This is a project specification, not my personal view. ...

There is more good than bad stuff that's coming out of China these days, though you still need to be on your toes to weed out the bad stuff... lol!!

Thanks E54, as always 'caveat emptor' then!

Reply to GE RCBO's in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net