Discuss GEFRAN 40B96 - Pressure Imdicator in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

This is a on a Machine just bought. We don’t use this device on other machines and it’s certainly not needed otherwise we would have kept it. Guy who had the machine before us kept it due to kind of raw material they used to run.

Trouble is this additional mechanism was installed by the last chap not by the manufacture of the machine.

So get all the paperwork of the guy who you bought the machine off. He should have the original wiring diagram and all safety reports for said change.

If you are putting the machine wiring back to how it was when it was originally manufactured why can't you get the wiring diagram from the manufacturer and wire it to that?

@Kootni

While I am happy to assist to a certain extent I do limit my help in giving you a step by step guide of sorting this out, I am not questioning your time in the industry and the field you worked it, you may be very competent in your comfort zone but it does appear you are trying to learn this side of the trade off the cuff, some of your questions are worryingly basic for an Engineer employed to look after or repair such machinery.
Your profile suggests you have no electrical qualifications, can you either update your profile or confirm this position.
If you indeed as suggests have no formal qualifications then you may be putting yourself and employer/customer is a very awkward position, if anything were to happen on anything you have been altering or diagnosing etc caused injury/death or damage to machine or property then your lack of formal recognised qualifications could ultimately put you in court with little way to defend your position it may also void any insurance claims a customer or company made or you have, you will need one hell of a lawyer and representative to show you were fully competent to be undertaking the work you did, the questions you ask here on the forum suggest you are indeed doing work you should not be doing, a nudge/reminder is one thing, explaining the basics of this side of the trade to help you is another.
The wiring plan you posted is extremely basic to follow and straight forward so I really shouldn't have to explain it to a member actively involving themselves in machinery control and diagnostics.

I will give you room to respond but unless you can satisfy my concerns then the thread will be closed, I have been more than generous with help here and you appear still to be confused.

I hope you understand our concerns, you take a large amount of responsibility on your shoulders delving into this side of electrics and anything you do should be fully documented, wiring plans updated, risk assessment done if the alteration alters the safety or function of the machine in anyway. Mine and others concerns is you are just learning as you go along with no formal training and this in itself could put yourself and or others in danger, it's not what you know that you need to worry about here, it's what you don't know that I am personally concerned about, ignorance kills in this industry H&S don't take ignorance as an excuse and with no qualifications you are a sitting duck with a high probability of getting it wrong, it's quite easy in this game to get something to function how you want but it takes years of training and experience to achieve the same result safely and compliant.

Reply to GEFRAN 40B96 - Pressure Imdicator in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net