Discuss Gender Neutral Confusion.............. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi,
No you can can't! Now on a more practical point if you employ a person who is disabled and meets certain critera then they will qualify for goverment support under the access for work scheme. Now being "gender neutral" is not a dissablity. Get help at work if you’re disabled or have a health condition (Access to Work) - GOV.UK - https://www.gov.uk/access-to-work
Can you post up what the support is for people employed in South Africa as this has nothing to do with UK Legislation.

Can you post up what the support is for people employed in South Africa as this has nothing to do with UK Legislation.
I am sorry, this is a UK forum and most of the members are in the UK. I am sure that Marvo and others from non UK understand this and will accomodate my indiscression.

My parents are Polish I was born in the UK and I now identify myself as a Jamaican Rastafarian, weed is my religion......

Well we here in the UK are in the midst of such things as you mention @Marvo. It has been given legal credence and there are moves to remove gender assignment from passports. Clearly people are latching on to this movement of gender disphoria. i.e. being creative regarding ones biological sex. I see that some people describe this as cultural marxism. What underpins society is gender role assignment based on obvious biological facts which in turn form the family unit. Remove this and you undermine some of the most important underpinning tenets of a society. Which is after all is the stated aim of cultural marxism. Most disturbingly when legal acts are passed which ratify and amplify this we can be sure our government has embraced the same aims.
Some people genuinely resent and reject being pigeon holed into such a simple and obvious classification. This is an internal process which allows people to be gender fluid as it is named. And indeed why should anyone be pigeon holed? However it to my mind shows they have bought into a lie, maybe a pretty lie but lie nonetheless. Such mental processes which brook no debate or questioning presage an ominous totalitarianism, the kind of thing I feel quite allergic to.
This flies in the face of what might be called common sense. i.e. if you have a penis you are a male, if you have a vagina you are a female yes? Well...apparently no. So who will you believe the person saying they are neither either or both, or your own eyes. You may be aware of same sex marriage being legalised fairly extensively. Clearly "normal" relations and obvious sexual determinations are being stood on their head and defy logic.
I feel somewhat encouraged that some women now are back-tracking on feminism and deciding maybe being career rich and relationship poor are not good life choices. And that maybe men should be men and women should be women, who knows eh?
I have been most disturbed to find my grandchildren (boys, male)coming home from school talking of wanting to be a female as they have decided that today as a result of classroom teaching. With that and other matters I decided to withdraw them from school and home educate them. While others may debate the above I do not.
I do feel sorry for S.A. if that is looming on your agenda. I suggest as others here have you take vigorous legal advice regarding how you will deal with this as it grows. Not only for applicants but also for people who are employed with you and sufficiently immersed in cultural marxism as to cause you great distress when you say or do the wrong thing. Many have been sacrificed here on the altar of political correctness (read cultural marxism)

I can't see why it can't be asked at interview, as consensus here and Google search doesn't actually reveal what it is. The applicant has bought it to the attention of the prospective employer, who must know whether it might have an impact in terms of the employment
Well we here in the UK are in the midst of such things as you mention @Marvo. It has been given legal credence and there are moves to remove gender assignment from passports. Clearly people are latching on to this movement of gender disphoria. i.e. being creative regarding ones biological sex. I see that some people describe this as cultural marxism. What underpins society is gender role assignment based on obvious biological facts which in turn form the family unit. Remove this and you undermine some of the most important underpinning tenets of a society. Which is after all is the stated aim of cultural marxism. Most disturbingly when legal acts are passed which ratify and amplify this we can be sure our government has embraced the same aims.
Some people genuinely resent and reject being pigeon holed into such a simple and obvious classification. This is an internal process which allows people to be gender fluid as it is named. And indeed why should anyone be pigeon holed? However it to my mind shows they have bought into a lie, maybe a pretty lie but lie nonetheless. Such mental processes which brook no debate or questioning presage an ominous totalitarianism, the kind of thing I feel quite allergic to.
This flies in the face of what might be called common sense. i.e. if you have a penis you are a male, if you have a vagina you are a female yes? Well...apparently no. So who will you believe the person saying they are neither either or both, or your own eyes. You may be aware of same sex marriage being legalised fairly extensively. Clearly "normal" relations and obvious sexual determinations are being stood on their head and defy logic.
I feel somewhat encouraged that some women now are back-tracking on feminism and deciding maybe being career rich and relationship poor are not good life choices. And that maybe men should be men and women should be women, who knows eh?
I have been most disturbed to find my grandchildren (boys, male)coming home from school talking of wanting to be a female as they have decided that today as a result of classroom teaching. With that and other matters I decided to withdraw them from school and home educate them. While others may debate the above I do not.
I do feel sorry for S.A. if that is looming on your agenda. I suggest as others here have you take vigorous legal advice regarding how you will deal with this as it grows. Not only for applicants but also for people who are employed with you and sufficiently immersed in cultural marxism as to cause you great distress when you say or do the wrong thing. Many have been sacrificed here on the altar of political correctness (read cultural marxism)

You lost me after you said 'Well' :)

You may be aware of same sex marriage being legalised fairly extensively. Clearly "normal" relations and obvious sexual determinations are being stood on their head and defy logic.

These are not matters of logic, neither are they a fashion statement. Absolutely people should be able to marry the person they fall in love with.

I really like leader .I disagree with some of what you say but I like that you take the unpopular view on a male dominated site where it would be easier to make a crude joke to get a laugh . If 10 years ago someone would have brought up a issue like this up I would have a lot more time for it, but now days the genuine case get mixed up with the poses.

I've thought long and hard about posting this, but since so far it's all men who have commented, I'll throw in this chick's view on the matter and I'm sure I'm going to cop some flack for it because for this particular subject I am completely anti.

For starters, the way to avoid any possible problems (and I think putting this on a CV as opposed to ones biological sex indicates it is an issue for this individual which means at some point in the future it could become an issue for you) is to simply dismiss the CV and file it under B.1.N. I would. I won't even entertain the idea of employing someone for whom this fad is important regardless of qualifications. The legal protection being afforded these individuals is growing and thus it is opening a whole new way in which you could get screwed over as an employer. I certainly wouldn't enquire about it at interview as if they are then unsuccessful, it could be used as leverage against you.

I whole heartedly agree with @Rpa07 and @Vortigern .

There is no doubt this is a trend, nothing more. If you look back on it, it's quite clear it started on the internet (no surprise there, most likely on Tumblr - a site which appears to have great influence over the kids of today), but these days it's being pushed by main stream media, schools and universities and is gaining serious legal traction in various countries. We've already had guidance here telling NHS maternity staff not to refer to expectant mothers as MOTHERS... FFS. Have womb, get pregnant, give birth, are mother... period!

There is no biological basis for it as about 99.7% (or something of that magnitude) of human beings fall into the sex binary of male or female, and for the most part male = penis, female = vagina. The people who don't comply with that are transgendered or intersex (both of which are medical conditions, the sufferers of which deserve our compassion and understanding). But there in lies one of the key issues. The people using this are confusing biological sex with gender identity/personality and seem to be pushing back against being pigeon holed by their sex, which of course isn't an issue these days... being female doesn't mean you stay at home dropping sprogs playing housewife to your hubby (thank god!), but that fact appears lost on a lot of these people.

As I see it there are a few potential reasons why someone may choose to label themselves in this way. 1) Victim status - Labelling yourself as non-binary, is increasingly granting you protection under legislation designed to protect the truly transgendered individuals. Label yourself as non-binary and you can suddenly blame anyone but yourself for things that have gone wrong in your life (not being hired, being fired, making bad decisions). 2) Feeling special - Go look at the on-line profiles of some of these clowns... this is the only thing some of them have to say about themselves... how sad and shallow. 3) Self Acceptance - Remember this started in America, a deeply religious country with some way out there values and pressures regarding gender roles etc. I think it may be a way for kids who don't conform to excuse their lack of conformity. Now I think that's the wrong way to handle it, what should happen is parents should be telling their kids it's OK to be you, but I suspect that doesn't happen.

And to add to the confusion, this also ties up to the transspecies movement and other such BS. For those unfamiliar with that term... today I'm a cat (curiosity is my name as I'm doing an EICR on a small office building), yesterday I was a fish (gliding through my repair jobs like a fish glides through water). Sound stupid? It's a thing!

I've seen conversations start with openings like this "Hi I'm Mike, I identify as moonkin. I'm non-binary and my preferred pronouns are she and her". Is that how you want to be opening conversations? Some parts of the states have legislation that requires you to use Mikes pronouns... even though Mike is 6'4" 21st with a huge great bushy beard. She? Is that the kind of craziness you want?

And lets be clear about this... the agenda at the moment is for gender neutral everything. These labels are self defined, so anyone at any time could say "Hey, I'm female" and waltz into the girls bathrooms in public spaces. Anyone with a young daughter... is that what you want? People being able to self define as something with no medical diagnosis, something which grants them access to somewhere they wouldn't ordinarily be allowed to go. I certainly don't want that.

The funniest thing about this is that they often make statements about how the doctor abused them when they were born by assigning their gender by looking between their legs. As I said above, biological sex... penis = man, vagina = woman. They claim it's abuse because it's dictating their role in society. Thankfully we live in enlightened times... it doesn't matter male/female you can pretty much be and do anything you like, you're in control of what becomes of your life, what's between your legs has very little impact these days.

It should not be pushed as an agenda by the main stream media, it should not be taught in schools (growing up is confusing enough as it is, so lets kids be kids and don't add to their questioning) and it should not be afforded the same legal protection as being transgendered.

And that's my little rant on the subject. I'm sure some of you will think I'm a hate filled witch. Not hate, I'm just tired of society being dismantled piece by piece and this is another example of it. Years ago, you were male/female and straight/gay/bi. 6 possibilities. Why do we need more than that? Anything else is character/personality and should not be labelled because it's usually unique to the individual and should not grant any form of protection/legal status.

I've thought long and hard about posting this, but since so far it's all men who have commented, I'll throw in this chick's view on the matter and I'm sure I'm going to cop some flack for it because for this particular subject I am completely anti.

For starters, the way to avoid any possible problems (and I think putting this on a CV as opposed to ones biological sex indicates it is an issue for this individual which means at some point in the future it could become an issue for you) is to simply dismiss the CV and file it under B.1.N. I would. I won't even entertain the idea of employing someone for whom this fad is important regardless of qualifications. The legal protection being afforded these individuals is growing and thus it is opening a whole new way in which you could get screwed over as an employer. I certainly wouldn't enquire about it at interview as if they are then unsuccessful, it could be used as leverage against you.

I whole heartedly agree with @Rpa07 and @Vortigern .

There is no doubt this is a trend, nothing more. If you look back on it, it's quite clear it started on the internet (no surprise there, most likely on Tumblr - a site which appears to have great influence over the kids of today), but these days it's being pushed by main stream media, schools and universities and is gaining serious legal traction in various countries. We've already had guidance here telling NHS maternity staff not to refer to expectant mothers as MOTHERS... FFS. Have womb, get pregnant, give birth, are mother... period!

There is no biological basis for it as about 99.7% (or something of that magnitude) of human beings fall into the sex binary of male or female, and for the most part male = penis, female = vagina. The people who don't comply with that are transgendered or intersex (both of which are medical conditions, the sufferers of which deserve our compassion and understanding). But there in lies one of the key issues. The people using this are confusing biological sex with gender identity/personality and seem to be pushing back against being pigeon holed by their sex, which of course isn't an issue these days... being female doesn't mean you stay at home dropping sprogs playing housewife to your hubby (thank god!), but that fact appears lost on a lot of these people.

As I see it there are a few potential reasons why someone may choose to label themselves in this way. 1) Victim status - Labelling yourself as non-binary, is increasingly granting you protection under legislation designed to protect the truly transgendered individuals. Label yourself as non-binary and you can suddenly blame anyone but yourself for things that have gone wrong in your life (not being hired, being fired, making bad decisions). 2) Feeling special - Go look at the on-line profiles of some of these clowns... this is the only thing some of them have to say about themselves... how sad and shallow. 3) Self Acceptance - Remember this started in America, a deeply religious country with some way out there values and pressures regarding gender roles etc. I think it may be a way for kids who don't conform to excuse their lack of conformity. Now I think that's the wrong way to handle it, what should happen is parents should be telling their kids it's OK to be you, but I suspect that doesn't happen.

And to add to the confusion, this also ties up to the transspecies movement and other such BS. For those unfamiliar with that term... today I'm a cat (curiosity is my name as I'm doing an EICR on a small office building), yesterday I was a fish (gliding through my repair jobs like a fish glides through water). Sound stupid? It's a thing!

I've seen conversations start with openings like this "Hi I'm Mike, I identify as moonkin. I'm non-binary and my preferred pronouns are she and her". Is that how you want to be opening conversations? Some parts of the states have legislation that requires you to use Mikes pronouns... even though Mike is 6'4" 21st with a huge great bushy beard. She? Is that the kind of craziness you want?

And lets be clear about this... the agenda at the moment is for gender neutral everything. These labels are self defined, so anyone at any time could say "Hey, I'm female" and waltz into the girls bathrooms in public spaces. Anyone with a young daughter... is that what you want? People being able to self define as something with no medical diagnosis, something which grants them access to somewhere they wouldn't ordinarily be allowed to go. I certainly don't want that.

The funniest thing about this is that they often make statements about how the doctor abused them when they were born by assigning their gender by looking between their legs. As I said above, biological sex... penis = man, vagina = woman. They claim it's abuse because it's dictating their role in society. Thankfully we live in enlightened times... it doesn't matter male/female you can pretty much be and do anything you like, you're in control of what becomes of your life, what's between your legs has very little impact these days.

It should not be pushed as an agenda by the main stream media, it should not be taught in schools (growing up is confusing enough as it is, so lets kids be kids and don't add to their questioning) and it should not be afforded the same legal protection as being transgendered.

And that's my little rant on the subject. I'm sure some of you will think I'm a hate filled witch. Not hate, I'm just tired of society being dismantled piece by piece and this is another example of it. Years ago, you were male/female and straight/gay/bi. 6 possibilities. Why do we need more than that? Anything else is character/personality and should not be labelled because it's usually unique to the individual and should not grant any form of protection/legal status.

Better than Vortigern, got as far as thought. Only joking :)

SC I agree with some of what you say, do some people take things too far and use their identity as some kind of victims status? Yes, most definitely. Whether they be gay, black, whatever - I have encountered people like this. Should we assume therefore that all gay people are like this? No. I believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt rather that judging them before I've even met them. And that, I think, is the crux of the matter. Judge everyone on their own merit.

The human mind is a complex thing. Who can say this persons feelings about themselves, has been influenced by society/media. It just could be the way they feel, who are we to say otherwise. The way we conceive things changes over time, we evolve.

Just over 60 years ago a guy committed suicide after being found guilty of gross indecency in private. Homosexuality was decriminalised some ten years later in the UK, in 1967. Societies attitudes towards homosexuality have change completely in recent years, which was seen as an illness, that could be cured. What should are attitudes to gender neutral peoples be like?

The guy in question, was Alan Turing, attributed with saving millions of lives in WWII and shortening the war. Yet he's sentence for his 'crime' was chemical castration, as 'treatment' for his illness.

Hope you get past 'The' Vortigern & Sparkychick :)

agree 100% with Sparkychick. Alan Turin is not relevant. he was homosexual, which is an actual "condition", and recognised as such. being nether male ot female ( except in extremely rare cases of hermaphrodites) is not possible.
As for employing such a person as in the OP, which staff toilets wolt it use, or would you have to build a gender neutral set of bogs for it?

:(:(:(:(

glum for coz. i didn't know what he was referring to. DOH.

Reply to Gender Neutral Confusion.............. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock