Search the forum,

Discuss Geo Solo PV reading 0.01kW when inverter is off in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

GaryM

I've just noticed that my Geo Solo PV monitoring unit is displaying a generation of 0.01kW (10W) even though the inverter has shut itself down the the night.
I've looked at the Landis + Gyr meter and it's displaying a constant red LED which is being monitored by the Geo's optical reader.

Is this normal and to be expected?

I have installed over 100 hundred Geo monitors and probably even more in remedials to customers having problems since November and this has happened only once and funnily enough it was on Thursday last week.

One portion of the power speedo was illuminated even when the system was off and showed 0.01kw.

I did a full reset/restore and re-paired the handset and it did the trick.

Hope this helps.

Failing that call Geo helpline on 08455-197226 and they can sort you out.

Just a small note though, alot of people put batteries in the back of the monitor and then plug in the adaptor also.

Please dont. It screws the whole handset. End of moan.

I did a re-pair and it did seem to do the trick. Hasn't displayed a small generation when the inverter has been off since.
I do have both batteries in the back and the AC adaptor plugged in though. I'll remove the batteries.

I did a re-pair and it did seem to do the trick. Hasn't displayed a small generation when the inverter has been off since.
I do have both batteries in the back and the AC adaptor plugged in though. I'll remove the batteries.

LOL :tounge_smile: am i good or what?

Reply to Geo Solo PV reading 0.01kW when inverter is off in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back