Discuss GET GHACR - not responding to switch - blue flashing light in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

O

Octopus

OK, cards on table - I don't know much about these devices but got a call to look at one today...

So 4 way switch by door, 4 x 3 rows of lights, rows 1 to 3 inclusive all "working OK"

4th row stays on and is not responding to on/off or dimmer function at door switch.

Suggestios please??

I've tried the GET (now Schnieder) website and there are so many questions I've not found an answer as yet!

Thanks

Download the product wiring/install info and once you understand how it all works it should be easier to identify the cause of the problem.

Download the product wiring/install info and once you understand how it all works it should be easier to identify the cause of the problem.

I started to read it then thought I'd be lazy and put the posts up to see what suggestions came in!

I started to read it then thought I'd be lazy and put the posts up to see what suggestions came in!

So did I and thought I can't be arsed and told you to do it ;)...

If the last bank is remaining on then I suggest you look for the contactor or controller channel and see if voltage to the coil is switching on and off as commanded by the controller.... as there are many variants of these systems and how you implement them , I can't pinpoint the exact cause but I'd be confirming the switches do change the state of the output for that bank of lights.

Basic checks
- check the switch is changing state
- check this voltagel is at the controller or voltage at contactor coil -dependant on wiring method and controller/contactor set-up
- does removing power to the input of the controller input or coil drop out the bank...

ETC....you get the jist... Im sure you'll figure it Murdoch your a seasoned spark!

Last edited:
So did I and thought I can't be arsed and told you to do it ;)...

If the last bank is remaining on then I suggest you check to see if the contactor is closed for that channel and see if voltage to the coil is switching on and off as commanded by the controller.... as there are many variants of these systems and how you implement them , I can't pinpoint the exact cause but I'd be confirming the switches do change the state of the output for that bank of lights.

I've been reading the manual and it seems that the switch and "controller" by the lights may not be talking to each other to I guess I need to print off the instructions and take them to site!

It doesn't look like rocket science!

Thanks

Have never fitted one....but can presume each channel (1-4) needs coding, either by dip switch code at controller and at each light controller or self learning program......If 3 channels are working then this would suggest, the 4th channel has not been coded.

Reply to GET GHACR - not responding to switch - blue flashing light in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock