Discuss getting back to work in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

phasetester2001

I was diagnosed with epilepsy in 2004. It's now under control with med's.
Thank's to it my memory has been damaged (Don't worry I know the difference between live neutral; a plug and a light).
I was looking for a copy of the 17th edition to go and do the course when I came across a digital version. When I went to send for it they asked me if I was IET registered. Is this a new qualification, a new name for something else or have I just forgotten.

YES EXTREMLY EMBARRASSING TO HAVE TO ASK!!!

Its not compulsory. Joining them will give you money off buying thinks like regs books. I'm not a member. Good luck for the future. Tim

my memory is shocking anyway and theres nothing wrong with me, well actualy theres plenty wrong but never mind.
Dont need iet unless you want the discounts, good luck getting back to work.

Hmmm....havent' checked but don't the IET have something like a £400 ish membership fee???

Hi lads, me again.
This is a really stupid question. I'm looking for a copy of the 17th as you know. On the websites I see one's with a green cover and ones with a red cover. I am confused because the 16th edition I had was green, so I am confused over which to buy. Can you help me out.

Fitted central heating for a bloke with the same diagnosis/side effect last year, top bloke, really new his stuff but deffered to me? (much his junior). can only salute you for getting back on the horse. All the best

Hi lads, me again.
This is a really stupid question. I'm looking for a copy of the 17th as you know. On the websites I see one's with a green cover and ones with a red cover. I am confused because the 16th edition I had was green, so I am confused over which to buy. Can you help me out.

The IEE wiring regs were after the 14th ed colour coded by ammendment

So 15th ed
1981 Red
1983 Green
1984 Yellow - enter me
1986 Blue
1988 Brown

16h ed
1991 Red
1994 Green
1997 Yellow
2001 Blue
2004 Brown

17th ed
2008 Red
2011 Green

Don't go into Blackwells Oxford. You will find, or would have done back in 1989, that you could purchase all of them since they held all the amendments on the shelves at the same time. No discounts for age either !

You will need the latest edition.

Reply to getting back to work in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net