Discuss Getting the customer's MPAN in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Try this. When you select an address when registering an MCS installation, the digits at the front are the MPAN. The database is a bit out of date - it did not have one of my customer's addresses and has extinct counties iirc. Abandon the registration once you have the MPAN/address.
Regards
Bruce

It's generally on the back of their electricity bill (I know you said you don't want to bother them but...)

It is sometimes referred to as an "S" Number which appears as a large S with two rows of numbers in boxes to the right of it. The bottom row of numbers is their MPAN, which is 21 digits long and starts with two numbers that are the same depending on which area of the country the house is in, I.E. The Local Distributor is identified by these 2 numbers. Apart from the MCS option, MPANs are hard to get hold of because electricity suppliers will try guard this number at all costs because it is the number specifically that competitors would use in order to transfer a customer's supply away from them.

Reply to Getting the customer's MPAN in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Struggling a touch at the minute with customers getting work done by “someone they know” and citing our quotations being too expensive as the...
Replies
Views
Currently I’m using freeagents platform for invoicing and it’s decent and gets the job done but it’s lacking a few features. Firstly I want to be...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, looking for some advice or knowledge on DNO approval. I’ve gone to sign up for export with Octopus. On the application form they’ve...
Replies
Views
Electrician Jobs EC Qualifier United States
We are an established electrical contractor. We are looking for Journeyman Electricians or Residential Wiremen (if you are only doing residential...
Replies
Views
I was at a customers house changing a socket and they asked me a question about their lights. Some of the lights in the house suddenly get...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock